My Stomach

Options
So far I have lost almost 100 pounds in about 6 months, and throughout my weight loss, I have done some exercise, but due to my job I haven't gone to the gym, but I am on my feet all day as a server. I have gotten down to around 213 pounds, and I am 6 foot 2 inches (Still have to weight in for the last couple weeks, been really busy), but I still have a lot of overhang of my stomach. What would be the best way to get rid of this overhang?

Thanks!

Replies

• Lisamba09
    Lisamba09 Posts: 20
    Options
    Treadmill. There are lots of great links you can find on google to be a "beginner" 5k
    you will be amazed at just how fast your entire abdomen will shrink once you begin running for 5 minutes/walk 5 minutes/run 5 minutes, etc.
    I also do Planks, reverse crunches, etc. However, I see the best results when I get my rear on the treadmill. :)
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Agree, treadmill. I highly recommend the C25k program to get you started. I always hated running, and usually stopped after a week of training, once the enthusiasm waned... The C25k program eases you into everything. And you can always find 25 minutes a day to run/walk.

Btw, I'm very similar to you. Also 6'2", also just dropped weight (although not as much as you, but I didn't need to). i'm now at 194 lbs. The stomach started to show improvements when I got my weight under 200. For our height, we really need to be at 185 lbs or so (plus/minus) to have nice abs. Typically the fat around the stomach is the last to go...

So a combination of running/walking and continued weight loss.

Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!