Exactly a year ago since 6/4/11, 800 Miles later

directorj
directorj Posts: 537 Member
It’s been a very long journey and a complete 360 degree of my life. I’m a yo-yo diet guy and didn’t like the gym after a few months. I had a full time job which was a bit stressful and ended up eating the following:

Breakfast : Mcdonalds/Burger King / Donuts etc..etc
Lunch: Always (5x a week) restaurant of choice: Applebees, Chilis, Olive Garden, Pizza, Burritos, etc
Dinner : Homecooked food but mostly high carb/high fat.
Weekends : Drinking..more restaurants..etc.

This was a routine for the next few months until I lost my job (last May). No worries because if I stayed any longer, I would have done worst to my body. I would wake up with back pains and sometimes I felt like my heart was having a hard time pumping! My pulse rate was always 70bpm-80bpm and blood pressure was borderline hypertension and I’m only 23 at the time!.

My doctor said “you’re too young, I don’t want to put you on meds for the rest of your life” Yikes!!!

So here comes June 2011 @ 230lbs.

LOSS12.jpg

I stumbled upon Nike+ and literally on June 3rd, 2011, I ran 5.02miles on the treadmill powered by WILL POWER! I never stopped to this day. My motivation at the time was food.

“The more I run, the more I can eat, guilt free”

I got tired of eating so much (after 2 months) and it became a waste of a run because I would breakeven. Started eating healthier and learning more about nutrition and joined MFP which added even MORE motivation!

Next thing you know I just kept on running and never stopped. Now it’s a year ago!

LOSS2.jpg

LOSS34.jpg

A few things that changed :smile:

No more backpain, unless it’s “sore” from training
My pulse rate is resting at 50bpm :heart:
I’m more into outdoor activities
Much more happier!!
More confident
Running a marathon is possible, but not just yet
People look at me different in a good healthy way instead of a fat slob.

1 Year is a long time, I'm not saying I'm a master at weightloss, I just did it. Let's just say I'd like to inspire everyone else and I know I still have about 20-25lbs left on where I'd like to be before my first marathon. :wink:

Replies

• tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Congratulation on you success you look good..
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    you seem to have made a real lifestyle change. Amazing job!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    You should be very proud, you've made huge accomplishments!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    outstanding job!
  • It’s been a very long journey and a complete 360 degree of my life. I’m a yo-yo diet guy and didn’t like the gym after a few months. I had a full time job which was a bit stressful and ended up eating the following:

Breakfast : Mcdonalds/Burger King / Donuts etc..etc
    Lunch: Always (5x a week) restaurant of choice: Applebees, Chilis, Olive Garden, Pizza, Burritos, etc
    Dinner : Homecooked food but mostly high carb/high fat.
    Weekends : Drinking..more restaurants..etc.

This was a routine for the next few months until I lost my job (last May). No worries because if I stayed any longer, I would have done worst to my body. I would wake up with back pains and sometimes I felt like my heart was having a hard time pumping! My pulse rate was always 70bpm-80bpm and blood pressure was borderline hypertension and I’m only 23 at the time!.

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;0) CONGRATS!

My doctor said “you’re too young, I don’t want to put you on meds for the rest of your life” Yikes!!!

So here comes June 2011 @ 230lbs.

LOSS12.jpg

I stumbled upon Nike+ and literally on June 3rd, 2011, I ran 5.02miles on the treadmill powered by WILL POWER! I never stopped to this day. My motivation at the time was food.

“The more I run, the more I can eat, guilt free”

I got tired of eating so much (after 2 months) and it became a waste of a run because I would breakeven. Started eating healthier and learning more about nutrition and joined MFP which added even MORE motivation!

Next thing you know I just kept on running and never stopped. Now it’s a year ago!

LOSS2.jpg

LOSS34.jpg

A few things that changed :smile:

No more backpain, unless it’s “sore” from training
    My pulse rate is resting at 50bpm :heart:
    I’m more into outdoor activities
    Much more happier!!
    More confident
    Running a marathon is possible, but not just yet
    People look at me different in a good healthy way instead of a fat slob.

1 Year is a long time, I'm not saying I'm a master at weightloss, I just did it. Let's just say I'd like to inspire everyone else and I know I still have about 20-25lbs left on where I'd like to be before my first marathon. :wink:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    That is awesome, Congrats!
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    You look great! Congrats on your new life!!!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Great job! You look wonderful and I'm sure you're even happier that you feel so much better! Can't wait to hear about your marathon success story down the road! :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Well done! Great story! I love your progress! Keep up the great work! You look great!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    You look awesome! Great job!
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • directorj
    Thanks I really appreciate it, and yes, I'm going to post when I run a marathon! :happy:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    Great job!!! :-)
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Great job! Keep it going.
  • Tcormie
    Tcormie Posts: 8 Member
    Great inspiration, now I have to ride 100.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Man, you are a true inspiration! Keep going, my man! Those next 20-25lbs will be nothing for you!!!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Congratulations!
  • directorj
    Thanks a lot again and feel free to add me
  • eesmetana
    eesmetana Posts: 60 Member
    Awesome - congrats on all your success! Keep it up!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    Congrats on your 1yr...You have done great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!