weight-loss plateau / TDEE

Options
First of all, I know there are tons of posts being posted about this, but I really could be doing with some help.

Before joining MyFitnessPal, I had tons of success by doing the Weight Watchers Diet; I was losing quite a lot of weight each month over the course of the 4/5 months doing it then suddenly my weight loss stopped, I remained the same weight each week.

My goal at the moment is to lose 1 more stone to reach my target weight. I'm currently sitting at 180lbs. I joined MFP in hope it would allow me to lose more weight and reach my goal, the 1st week I lost 1.5lbs and the second week I lost 3.5 and the 3rd week, I gained 2lbs by following the exact same routine as I've been doing during the course of MFP.

My exercise has increased, I've been doing 7 mile walks, also climbed the Cobbler (Mountain) so I'm assuming/hoping that's maybe added a little muscle to my legs for additional weight gain?

I feel I'm going to hit a 'slump' again just like I did with weight watchers and it's quite disheartening.

Could it be that I'm not eating enough calories? I tend to eat back all the calories I burn at the gym/walking etc.

My TDEE shows

BMR : 1,929
TEE : 3,066

But my fitness pal shows I had to use 1400 calories, I've updated my profile today to put the calories up to 1600 to see if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions etc would be much appreciated. My Food Diary is also open if you have anything to recommend I cut out etc?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Eat 20% less than your tdee, soo 2452 calories.
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You should eat at your bmr. It's already a deficit. Any less and you're starving yourself. I just had to up my calories as well because I started to gain. I'd increased my workouts as well and quit smoking while staying in my goal and gained 5 lbs. There's not that much water to gain on my body. So I started eating more and started losing, but it takes a little while sometimes for the body to catch up. Good luck!
  • janejolie
    janejolie Posts: 1
    Options
    Shop Pharmacy Counter offers an over the counter natural weight loss aid that has no unusual side effects and will give you the help you need to lose unwanted pounds without complications.

http://www.shoppharmacycounter.com/t-Adipex-Medicine.aspx
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options

THIS!! Search the group Eat More to Weigh Less. LOTS of valuable info there!!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

This; most definetly. I don't even eat as low as 1600. :) With as mush as you're working out TDEE will help fuel your body.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Get a better assesment of BMR and therefore TDEE by getting rough bodyfat% estimate.

You may have more LBM than expected for your age/height/weight, which means you were really eating too little.

Or, of course, may have been the other direction too. And BMR really isn't that high.