Bath-salts drug...

Options

Replies

• tris2002
    tris2002 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

What classification is it? Amphetamine? Barbituate? Hallucinogenic?
    [/quote]

To my understanding it is a synthetc amphetamine. I work as an addictions counselor in NY (a very rural part of NY) and we have seen a couple of cases in our area where people routinely use it. Of the clients i work with that have used it one has overdosed however was able to come back from it.

I know they are working toward banning it along with other synthetic drugs such as spice an K-2-not sure if it has gone through yet.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    From my knowledge, it isn't in the southwestern ontario area. My husband is a cop and he said that he hasn't seen anything yet here. It's insane!!
    It breaks my heart seeing so many people on drugs on facebook. Seriously! Who needs to wear sunglasses at night?!!! We aren't stupid and know what you are doing!
    There was a big party here in Toronto (DEMF) and this girl thought that her hair was on fire and tried killing herself. Her hair was NOT on fire.

This makes Corey Heart sad
  • 2barquack
    2barquack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ghetto LSD is pretty much what it is..
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Do it! We need more zombies to kill
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this until the whole "zombie guy."

This shiz seems crazy. I will stick my many other less deadly drugs.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness they shot him, I have to go to Miami tomorrow...I hope there aren't more of these Bath Salt Zombies running around unchecked. All of my Zombie escape gear can't get through the TSA!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Educating people is the key....not outlawing the drug. If people are educated...and still choose to use them...it appears to be a self correcting problem. Just sayin.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Why do I see myself old and gray someday saying " when I was your age I had to go find a dealer on the street,and walk 2 miles uphill both ways to get to him!'

LOL...love this.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I was watching a show on this. It makes people do crazy things, a few people have killed themselves on it, others have killed other people on it.

"Oooooh I have a super idea, have you ever heard of that drug that makes you eat people and/or slit your own throat? We should totally try some tonight."

Stupid people are stupid.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4xzneeuoC1qfv7mno1_500.jpg

Omg..... :laugh: I'm in FL, where I can say...........they're heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere. :noway:

(I can only assume they're illegal at this point, but I don't know for sure.)

• alyblue
    alyblue Posts: 20
    Options
    I've never tried them. I have a pretty liberal stance on substance use, but after I saw the A&E Intervention episode with the kid who was abusing bath salts it was pretty clear that even if they could be used safely and in moderation there was no way the risk was worth however they make you feel. To see someone really truly lose their mind is frightening.

omg i saw that episode also.... absolutely terrifying. i worked in a funeral home for awhile and some of the ingredients in the bath salts are ingredients we use when embalming people. think i'd prefer to stay alive just awhile longer... egh.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was becoming a major issue a few months back here in SC.

I hope they sorted you out :laugh:
  • alyblue
    alyblue Posts: 20
    Options
    HAHAHAHA to the they're heeeeeeere picture :laugh:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    You know, I understand why smoking pot sounds fun, and why doing coke or ecstasy or shrooms or even acid sounds fun. I understand it. Not saying I do or even have done any of those things, but I get it. I do NOT get what makes a person think "these bath salts sound like a great way to get high! I mean, what could possibly go wrong??" Same with heroin. I realize it's an addiction, and I'm not making fun of a serious disease, I just can NOT wrap my head around a person thinking "Injecting heroin into my veins sounds like such an awesome idea! What's the worst that could happen??"
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma has already outlawed them.

Really? Thank god. I'm going back to Oklahoma in a few weeks and was afraid I'd get my face eaten.

Well, it shouldn't happen, at least not due to the bath salts. Now, I can't promise it won't happen due to other circumstances. :-O
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Its ridiculous. It should be illegal but sadly, it's not in some states!! I have done some not so healthy things in my past but that is one thing I would NEVER touch!!! You should see the episode of Intervention where the guy is on bath salts. He is literally insane and thinks that invisible people are constantly trying to attack him. He would spend all his time building all these weird contraptions that were supposed to get rid of them. He ended up being diagnosed with schizophrenia. He was fine until he started doing the bath salts. That stuff is scary.

Omg i saw this intervention. The dude was a nutcase. What ever happened to smoking some weed and taking a few bumps here and there?! People resort to this ****
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Ive heard of it but not localy (Dallas area) its pretty crazy what people will think of to get high. Here we have a problem with kids drinking hand sanitizer.
    Makes my years of meth and lsd seem tame in comparison:laugh:

My mom was a teacher in Ft. Worth and she told me about the hand sanitizer thing! Oh and she told me about kids snorting vodka too! Wtf, whatever happened to just putting some booze in your Sonic drink at lunch time or sneaking out behind the portables and smoking a joint like normal teenagers???? I mean...that's what I heard the bad kids were doing when I was in high school...I never did those things...
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    My husband has been a cop for about 4 years now and said this is the worst thing he has seen yet as far as drugs go. He said people really just lose their damn minds on this junk. Smdh.....

I second this
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It is bad here in Ohio. One of my daughter's friends got involved with bath salts. It has permanently messed her up. She sees "demons' all the time. She thinks her own family is a bunch of demons trying to kill her. She has lost her child. Her husband was doing them too. He is permanently in a psychiatric ward. They say he will never go out. I think she needs to be committed too. But her family thinks they can take care of her and make her well. She hasn't done any bathsalts in months and still feels demons are out to get her, she has even ripped at her own skin trying to get the demon claws off her. IT is very sad, she was a sweet beautiful girl and now she is such a mess. For people who do not know, it is called bath salts, but not something you would ever use for a bath. As someone earlier said, you can get them in head shops. They say it is like using meth and cocaine together. They are outlawed in OHio, but they are still everywhere. No one has trouble getting them. So, please, if you are curious and just want to try it one time, DON'T. That one time could mess you up permanently.