Fasting is fantastic.

Options
2»

Replies

• Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    yes , fantastic way to become diabetic, and to lower ur body defenses
    In this case, the guy probably had doctors making sure that wouldnt happend , otherwise....
    Fasting on ur own is just crazy
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I...I don't even. I guess the dude saved a lot on his grocery bill that year...?
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm totally for fasting if you're up for it.

Do you really think that people have always had access to three meals a day? No. Did humans survive? Yes, and they were probably healthier than we are now.

Please. My mother grew up in WWII Germany. She knew what it meant to have no food. No one saw it as a way to stay slim. Were they healthier because of it, no they weren't. Scurvy was prevelant, anemia and a host of other illnesses. Her mother died at a fairly young age from the flu because she didn't have the strength to fight it. People back then didn't have the life span we have today either. I remember there always being food in the house as a kid and the freezer always full, she became a bit of a food hoarder. So comparing fasting to people who didn't have access to food is just insane. I hate that arguement. :noway:

If you're taking vitamins and supplements you probably wont have those problems. But thanks for that lovely ad hominem

Your arguement was that people didn't have access to food, they didn't have access to vitamins and supplements either. While it may be an acceptable means of weight loss now it wasn't when you didn't have access to food. So which part of what I said was a fallacy? That they were not eating for appearance sake or from lack of food?
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm totally for fasting if you're up for it.

Do you really think that people have always had access to three meals a day? No. Did humans survive? Yes, and they were probably healthier than we are now.

Please. My mother grew up in WWII Germany. She knew what it meant to have no food. No one saw it as a way to stay slim. Were they healthier because of it, no they weren't. Scurvy was prevelant, anemia and a host of other illnesses. Her mother died at a fairly young age from the flu because she didn't have the strength to fight it. People back then didn't have the life span we have today either. I remember there always being food in the house as a kid and the freezer always full, she became a bit of a food hoarder. So comparing fasting to people who didn't have access to food is just insane. I hate that arguement. :noway:

If you're taking vitamins and supplements you probably wont have those problems. But thanks for that lovely ad hominem

Er, ad hominem literally translates to "to the person." You were not personally attacked, as you were not called insane. Your IDEA was attacked.

As for me, I'll stick with food and decided yesterday that the way I was going to lose weight was through cleaner, lower carb eating. (PCOS holds on to weight with a carb rich diet.)
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Thanks for posting!

I'm doing 16/8 which fits perfect right now for me. I love food and love bigger meals.

*Also want to add that if you research Intermittent Fasting and those that do it, you'll find very few people that dislike it. . I saw ONE person out of all my research that disliked it...and she admitted that she was doing it wrong and now that she is doing correctly, she loves it.