Daily sugar allowance?

I wonder if any one else has problems with MFP's allowance for daily sugar consumption? According to my stats I am eating at least twice as much as I am allowed to, which would have been fine, except for the fact that I do not ear 'sugar' in a traditional sense of a word at all. That is to say that I do not sweeten tea or coffee, I do not eat chocolate, ice cream or sweets, I eat baked goods (salted crackers rather than anything sweet) once a week and I do not drink soda at all.

Yesterday for example one banana, 2 cups of red grapes and a cappuccino (I assume they count sugars in non-fat milk, because I did not add anything) was enough to tip me way over the limit...

I do understand that both banana and grapes are sweet due to the fact that they contain sugar, however, a daily allowance equal to 1 cup of grapes?..

I am cutting down the amount of carbs, stay within a daily calories limit, but it seems that unless I give up on fruits entirely there is no way I could meet the limit on sugar :(

Should I just ignore it?

Replies

• sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    I'm no expert, but I ignore the sugar.......and do just fine. I watch calories, carbs and fat mostly.