Macros

Options
As far as macros go how important is it to meet them and what are the effects if you go over them on a regular basis? I almost always go over sodium, but to counter that I drink a ton of water. My main concern is I almost never meet my fat intake, I feel like this might be a bad thing. Thoughts? Diary is open.

Replies

• isilkk
    isilkk Posts: 1
    Options
    As far as I know you need to take fat to tour body for your cells. But these should be virgin fats such as olive oil or organic butter(from milk). Eating fish also will help you to take omega 3 and to balance your body's omega3/omega6. You can read more about this: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400149/balancing-omega-3-and-omega-6.html

As far as macros go how important is it to meet them and what are the effects if you go over them on a regular basis? I almost always go over sodium, but to counter that I drink a ton of water. My main concern is I almost never meet my fat intake, I feel like this might be a bad thing. Thoughts? Diary is open.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If you are in a high risk group of High Blood Pressure then it is an issue if you go over. Sodium is not a macro and most people do not follow it closely. I don't recommend this but I'm not a doctor and can only advise people that they should do more research before they blow it off. And drinking more water doesn't fix going over on it.

As far as macros (carbs, fat and protein) many diets vary on the levels. There would be medical reasons to stay in guidelines (diabetes, high cholesterol, kidney issues). Most people try to get a good balance of them. If you are concerned or have a certain medical condition you can speak to your MD or see a nutritionist.