Has anyone done a Color Run?

Options
I am looking for input. They are bringing it to our town this year and I planned to sign up. Hubby's friend did it last weekend and hated it. Now I am torn. Any thoughts/reviews?

Replies

• savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love it. It was so much fun. A great 5k. If you are looking to do at a quick pace then you need to be in the front. If you are just there for the experience than just enjoy. It does get crowded where the color is but my friend and I did not go through the middle and we walked around and grab color and we were cover in color. I would do it. I will do it again. I have done a lot of 5k and that was awesome.

Julianne
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    What didn't the friend like about it? I'm signed up for the Boston one in July and am really excited. One of my mfp pals did it a month ago and loved it! She walked it.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I tried to sign up for the Boston one and it was full so I would definitely sign up soon if you're thinking about it!
  • nikkiw283
    nikkiw283 Posts: 90
    Options
    I was JUST looking at everything about the Color Run last night. They had 2 here in Atlanta a few months ago. I am hoping to be in better shape by the next time they do it here. It looks like SO much fun!!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    A close friend of mine (and a few of my MFP pals) are signed up for one of the Color Runs in DC later on this year. The slots for registration filled up for both runs literally in 2 days!

What did your friend not like about it? They look awesome!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    What didn't the friend like about it?

^ I am curious about this too. Not criticizin' just wonderin'.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm lost. :( What is a color run? Sounds interesting.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've haven't done one yet but I will be doing the one in Boston and I can't wait!! It looks like soooo much fun!! :)
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    I did Color Me Rad. It was alright. I mean it was fun, but there was just soooo many people. And if you think you are going to run it, forget about it, unless you are in the first or second waves. They are usually not timed, because they are more about fun.

I have some pictures, idk how to post them though.

But definitely wear white, and an old pair of sneakers. I my old black shoes and the dye didn't stick, but my sports bra and tank top I wore are still tie dyed!
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are signed up for the one in Kansas City in a few weeks we are excited!
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    ChefSuzzieQ Posts: 119
    Options
    ok, so while running you get dye thrown on you?
  • katemme
    Options
    525932_3800452247934_1176142175_3547316_1065686680_n.jpg

319715_3777532474954_1867157483_n.jpg

154548_3800458168082_1176142175_3547318_666807659_n.jpg
  • katemme
    Options
    ok, so while running you get dye thrown on you?

Yes, its colored corn starch. Hold your breath when you walk by, its like breathing in chalk!!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I guess he did not like the masses of people and said people were inconsiderate when throwing the "paint". He also complained about how hard it was to clean up. He is very picky about this stuff though.
  • workout_junkee
    Options
    Love the pics:).
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I loved it! :) it was a blast when we did it this past weekend. We looked like fools, danced, took a lot of pics with ppl, and it was all just a fun time giving money away to a Childrens hospital.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in KC at the end of the month...I think my "problem" is going to be that I will want to run and it's not prolly gonna happen
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I did one last month. It was fun...not a complete blast but fun. There are a lot of people and as long as you just go with the flow and lack of orgnization it is ok. The colored cornstarch is mildly annoying but the kids love it. If you start out towards the end of the race they tend to run out though LOL.

I might do it again with a group of friends (I did the previous solo) just to get out of the house on a weekend and get some exercise.

I think you should try it once to get your own opinion though...what is the worst that could happen? You burn a few extra calories LOL
  • workout_junkee
    Options
    I hear you on the not being able to run concern. Ours is three weeks before my half so I really need the mileage... but this looks so fun. I need to decided asap. Registration opens today.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    definitely decide quick when it opens spots will be gone in like an hour