Frappe drinks?!

Options
I am really addicted to mocha frappes from mcdonalds and a small in itself is 420calories! so i am hoping someone on here can give me ingredients to make a less fating frappe that taste just as amazing! Hopefully someone can help me out ! thanks (:

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Oh how I love coffee!!
    2-3 shots of espresso or really strong coffee
    1 cup of skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
    Walden farms chocolate syrup- 0 Calories or sugar free chocolate syrup
    Ice

Mix it all in a blender!

they have many sugar free syrups that you can play around with.
  • asteelman4
    asteelman4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Could i find this stuff in krogers ? I am very new to starting to make my own drinks.. but i need to really crack down because I am not loosing weight and i think that is my main problem.
  • kgtgj
    kgtgj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found this in Oxygen Magazine recently.

Mock Frappuccino

Makes 1

8 oz. Almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (you can use chocolate to make a mocha)
    1 packet instant decaf coffee (like Starbucks Via)
    Stevia, to taste
    ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    OMG, the McDonald's Frappes are AWESOME. I get a small without whip or chocolate drizzle and feel slightly better LOL. I use it as a treat.

A starbucks tall skinny mocha frappucino has 150 calories.
  • asteelman4
    Options
    Thank you ! this really helps and sounds so yummy! (: && i know starbucks has some good stuff but they are so expensive now..
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You can sign up for Starbuck's loyalty program. That's what I do and I get free drinks all the time.
  • iloveseattle
    iloveseattle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do
    2 scoops of protein powder (your choice of flavor)
    1 folgers instant single serve
    2 creamers
    8 oz of water
    and add ice in my blenders
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    i luv mc donalds frappe drinks only the mocha though omg i would never be able to give them up and you can treat yourself to one every once in a while just as long and it's not once a week or everyday maybe once every 2-3 months i usally treat myself too one every 2 months or just whenever we go to mc donalds which is very rare because mc donalds will make you gain back the 10 pounds you lost lol just treat yourself to one and then excercise to burn off the calories it's as simple as that! :P hope this helps! :D
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I allow myslef a starbucks treat every saturday :) Obsessed with the coconut mocha fraps and lattes.. soo good!! I started making my own chai lattes by using the magic bullet for my milk.. sooo good!!
  • iluv2laugh
    Options
    I allow myslef a starbucks treat every saturday :) Obsessed with the coconut mocha fraps and lattes.. soo good!! I started making my own chai lattes by using the magic bullet for my milk.. sooo good!!
    that sounds good! lol i will have to try that sometime! :D
  • asteelman4
    Options
    Thanks eveyone! && yes it also sucks because i currently work at mcdonalds so it is a very big temptation !
  • lots_to_lose
    Options
    Bump for recipes
  • iluv2laugh
    Options
    Thanks eveyone! && yes it also sucks because i currently work at mcdonalds so it is a very big temptation !
    OMG if i worked there i wouldn't be able to resist i would probably have to quit! lol :D
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    I think you might enjoy this--I do!

In a blender....

8 oz milk
    about the same amount of crushed ice (or cubes if that's all ya got)
    2 tbsp instant coffee
    2 tbsp cocoa
    2 tbsp any protein that is either chocolate or vanilla flavored
    Any ground up seeds you like--I use chia or flax ground up in a coffee grinder
    1 tsp cinnamon

Blend the living daylights out of it. The only real calories are in the milk.

If you don't mind a few more calories and some sugar, add a scoop of Slim Fast powder.

Enjoy!
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    Could i find this stuff in krogers ? I am very new to starting to make my own drinks.. but i need to really crack down because I am not loosing weight and i think that is my main problem.
    If you use the calorie tracking tool on this site (click on "food" after you set your goals), and if you limit your calories, you will lose weight.

I dropped 2 sizes in 2 months--and I wasn't perfect, I had a day here and there where I was "bad," but mostly I followed it.

It works. But you have to be honest about your calories, and make choices that keep you within the daily goal you set for yourself.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • roohill
    roohill Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet arriving today, so I'm bumping this for more recipes. lol First thing I'm going to make is a frappe. my fav is the McDonalds caramel frappe.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    try this recipe. You'll never go back. IT TASTES JUST LIKE STARBUCKS, AND IS LIKE 80 CALORIES I THINK.

http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/2012/06/18/skinny-vanilla-mocha-frappe/

(not to mention has normal ingredients)