pre making meals

Options
I hear a lot of people say they pre make their meals for the week. I have a hard time with this like do you pick one meat for the week or a variety, do you do this for all 3 meals, how do you make it not so boring? I work 4 10's so getting out of the kitchen those 4 days would be great. Any suggestions

Replies

• wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for lunch every day of the week.
    Lunch is hard to stay strong. Time commitments, work, overwhelming hunger sneaks up and you want to cheat, you dont have time to pack in the morning etc.

I eat a variety at dinner, but lunch I eat the same thing for a week.

Homemade chicken salad on pita with fruit.
    Womans day magazine soup.
    Pan seared chicken strips with mixed greens, feta, kalmata olives and balsamic glaze.

Etc.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Here's what I did one week:

Pre-make rice, pasta, soup...freeze these

Rice + catfish (make the night before, put in container; add rice in morning with some frozen veggies; add a yogurt and a piece of fruit)

Pasta + sauce, clams, spinach, cheese (make the sauce, etc the night before, add to frozen pasta in the morning)

Soup + crackers, etc

Rice + beans, yogurt, veggies, etc (put in container night before)

Pasta + tuna fish from package + tiny bit of sour cream or greek yogurt + frozen peas..

So in otherwords, I will freeze the base (pasta, etc) and then the night before, make everything else quickly and add to a container...it takes less than 2 minutes in the morning to assemble it and less than 15 minutes to prepare the night before...

If you want, you can also make 2 meals at once, since you only work 4 days and that way you only have to do it 2 times instead of 4.