4lbs

Options
I am so sick and tired of losing then gaining the same 4 pounds.

On Sunday morning I weighed 176.6...I had a pretty bad Sunday eating wise (no breakfast, ham and cheese sub w/ fries for early dinner and ice cream before bed...no activity). Had a good day yesterday and blew it at dinner (grilled chicken sand. with ranch dressing and fries) then had ice cream. I weighted myself this morning and I am back to 180.6

I do not understand why I keep repeating this behavior. It's stupid of me and frustrating.

Thank you for letting me vent. GRRR!

Replies

• SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think I need to throw my scale in the garbage...stop obsessing over the number.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    water weight probably
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    water weight probably

Water weight? Ice cream more likely.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    It appears you just joined MFP a few days ago. I'm not sure what your were doing before joining this site, but I'd say you aren't giving this weight loss thing enough time. You didn't gain all the weight in a week so be patient, work hard and things will happen the way you'd like.
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Take measurements. You body fluctuates with water weight, etc. Jumping on the scale every day or every other day can be counter productive.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Did you buy the ice cream? What did you think as you ate it? Granted, everyone eats poorly from time to time, but you're never going to lose weight if you don't figure out how to resist these impulses. (As you well know.)

Are you logging accurately and consistently? The website, like the scale, like a body fat estimate, is a tool to help you stay on the right path.

Not everyone needs to eat breakfast. Eat if if you're hungry and if it helps you keep to your goals the rest of the day.

From your description, the second day wasn't bad, although you could have skipped the ranch dressing and had a substitute for the ice cream.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think I need to throw my scale in the garbage...stop obsessing over the number.

come to our group, For those obsessed to scales
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Make healthier choices at each meal & snack ...... ditch the bread, fried stuff & icecream ...... maybe not forever, but certainly for now .......

And log all your food ..... it can be shocking to see how many calories we eat ..... that alone might get you on the right path LOL
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Assuming an average female would burn about 2k calories a day nothing nothing, you would have had to consume 18,000 calories (4lb*3500 cal +2000 cal *2days) calories over 2 days to gain 4 pounds. I don't think that's possible.

Also, if you have been eating healthy and then binged last couple of days it's probably just water retention due to increased glycemic intake not actual fat.

This is a great post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/606721-after-a-binge-after-a-meal-out-read-this
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    onikonor, I read that article last night. It's a great post.

Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. This is such a difficult road.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You are binge eating. Be consistent.

This woman ate 700 calories a day during the week and binged on the weekend.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_8.htm