Numb Toes

Options
I have been using the bike and the Elliptical for 20-30 min each daily and my toes always go numb. I have tryed to wiggle them while i am using the equipment but it doesnt help any advice?

Replies

• poodlelaise
    poodlelaise Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have seen other threads like this where people have recommended looser shoes. But for me, the only thing that helped on the eliptical was adjusting the stride length on the machine to a longer stride. Not sure if all machines have that adjustment though.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    I have had this happen before many times, even to the point of it traveling up to my knees. some how it just stopped, but i think this is due to me stretching more. if this continues to happen after you have tried different advice then i would suggest going to the doctor. you never know if it's somthing else.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A few things to try:

-Make sure you are wearing properly fitted shoes. Too small of shoes or shoes that pinch different parts of your foot may be the issue. Also older shoes can be a problem.

-Make sure your laces aren't tied too tight, both near your toe and near your ankle.

-Check for proper foot and body placement on the machine. I have to make sure I'm sitting properly and using the ball of my foot on the stationary bike. For the elliptical I have to find the right balance between standing up straight and slightly leaning forward, plus keeping my foot between the back and the middle of the 'pedal'. If it's too close to the front I get the numbness feeling.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I have been using the bike and the Elliptical for 20-30 min each daily and my toes always go numb. I have tryed to wiggle them while i am using the equipment but it doesnt help any advice?

I have this sometimes using a bike - generally because the toe box on my shoes is too tight.