IPhone Vs. Droid

Options
TinkrBelz
TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
I am with Verizon and can get an upgrade. My husband has an IPhone and we do love it. But, I hate that it does not have a place for a MicroSD card So that means you have to buy a phone with more memory.

Anyway, what phone is better? Which one should I get? Thanks!

Replies

• andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have an Iphone and love it.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! Here we go!
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying playing with my wife's S3
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid and love it.

Purely a personal preference.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Had a droid and recently switched to an iphone. There are pros and cons of both phones, but over all I am enjoying the iphone. The one thing I miss the most from my droid are the widgets.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    My grandma has an iphone and loves it.....most technologically challenged people do.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    I am with Verizon and can get an upgrade. My husband has an IPhone and we do love it. But, I hate that it does not have a place for a MicroSD card So that means you have to buy a phone with more memory.

Anyway, what phone is better? Which one should I get? Thanks!

In my experience, whichever phone you buy you will grow to love and hate it in equal measure.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had a Droid, and it had multiple problems. Half the time my apps either wouldn't open or would always 'force close' and then my email completely quit working. I have known other people to have similar issues with their droid.

I upgraded to an iPhone a couple months ago- and I will never go back! It's fast and works perfectly all the time!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have two Android devices. I've never owned an Apple product, but I have used them. I agree that there are pros and cons to each, but at the end of the day I sided with lower prices, more device selection, more free apps, and Linux under the hood.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! Here we go!

Oh no...I am serious. I really do not want to start a fight or battle. I have a crap Samsung phone. So, I am really looking for advice. I am thinking of the 32G IPhone only so it can hold tons of pictures. But with a Droid, I could buy a lower memory Droid and just put in my SD card that I already have.

So....people, be nice. This is a legit question. I was even thinking about HTC, but those reviews are not as good.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    depends. how phone savvy are you? if not so much, just get an iphone. you just have to turn it on and use it, super easy. droids can be used like that, but are more customizable and you can do a whole lot more with them when it comes to technology and such.. i personally like my droid better than the iphone :)
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Droid for me. Verizon should have the new Samsung Galaxy 3 by the end of the month, quite the phone to say the least.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My grandma has an iphone and loves it.....most technologically challenged people do.

I agree, the iphone is easier to learn. Going from droid to iphone was easy as hell.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I like my Motorola StarTac!
  • wood2415
    wood2415 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Iphone all the way!!
  • bgburges
    bgburges Posts: 2
    Options
    My wife has an iPhone and I have a Droid. Like someone else indicated, they both have pro's and con's, but having one of each allows you to exploit the best features of each. Like the GPS nav is so much better on the Droid, but the iPhone has apps that are so much than the Droid.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    My whole family has iPhones and loves them. But you need to check out what is offered with each, and which suits your needs. Good luck!!!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I had a Droid, and it had multiple problems. Half the time my apps either wouldn't open or would always 'force close' and then my email completely quit working. I have known other people to have similar issues with their droid.

I upgraded to an iPhone a couple months ago- and I will never go back! It's fast and works perfectly all the time!

any phone you get will have issues like this, especially when you have a lot of apps on it. i know quite a few people who have had app issues and even calling issues with iphones. i really don't think one is "better" than the other. they are just different and it's personal preference, imo.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have the new Droid Razr and LOVE it!! I have been using Droids for 3 years now, and never had any problems.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    If you are like some people out there and will use a phone until it pretty much dies, then go with the iPhone. Android OS is not supported beyond 2 years while Apple pushes iOS to all platforms.

If you are a serious tech geek and like the freedom of tweaking with the OS, go Droid.

If you just want it to work, go iPhone.