calories

lilangel7671
lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I just had a quick question- Should I be lower my calorie intake on my rest day to my net calorie goal? Or should I still be taking in the same as I would any other day, even though I'm not exercising?

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Mfp should tell you how many calories you need for the day. No need to worry about the calculations at all. You wil def have less calories if you're not working out.
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    I just had a quick question- Should I be lower my calorie intake on my rest day to my net calorie goal? Or should I still be taking in the same as I would any other day, even though I'm not exercising?

No, MFP calculates the calories you need to eat without exercise. When you put your exercise in, it's just icing on the cake!
  • lilangel7671
    But what about on my rest day--I meant am I supposed to stay lower on calories? for example my net goal is 1460 but with exercise I have been gradually increasing, and now am about 1550-do I still eat 1550 or only 1460- because I obviously won't have any exercise cals to use.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    eat the amount of calories you are allotted w/out exercise--your base calories.
  • lilangel7671
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.