Best Bathroom Scale???

shagybear33
shagybear33 Posts: 272
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
My scale died.

What would be the best bathroom scale to replace it with??

thanks!!

Replies

• I picked up one of these at WalMart:

http://www.amazon.com/Health-Meter-HDM770-05-Weight-Tracking/dp/B0014JRAIQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1249354692&sr=8-5

It's inexpensive and has a memory for two users, so it'll tell you what you weigh now, what you last weighed and display the difference +/- 0.0 lbs..

I would strongly recommend staying away from the ones that measure bodyfat %. They are wildly inaccurate.

Mike
  • if you go to the topic section and type this in you may find others who've answered this before. may help you out.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    I bought the same one from walmart but for the life of me cant figure out how to get it to track my weight! It's accurate as far as I can tell but alas I track my weight with a post it on the wall...
  • nguill6:

Step by step:

1) Press and hold your foot on the decal on the lower right of the scale until you see "1"

2) Remove your foot and wait a few moments. It will read the last weight recorded for user 1. Then it calibrates itself: you see some dashes in the display and it will then read "0.0"

3) Step on the scale. It will read your weight, then show you the difference between your weight now vs. last time.

Took me about a week before I figured it out too!

Mike
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    This is a good question. I weigh myself at home and it's routinely 3.5 to 4 lbs over the weight shown at the [expensive] scale at the gym.

I think my home scale is crappy.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    As long as it's consistent it doesn't really matter. I weigh pretty regularly on my bathroom scale and about once a week I check-in on my Wii-fit. The Wii-fit is a pretty high end system and very reliable. My Bathroom scale consistently has me 1 pound lighter than the Wii-fit,,, so when I use it I just mentally add 1. It works,,,
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    I splurged and bought a Weight Watchers scale. I was tired of having to "average" my weight loss. I :heart: this thing! In my mind, it was worth every penny. It shows the weight to one decimal place, so I get advanced notice if i'm going up or down. The only thing is that you can become a compulsive number watcher if you aren't careful. However, for consistant, accurate readings, I would highly recommend it.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    I have a Tanita that looks like this and I love it. I have had it since 2003 when I started my weight loss journey and it is still going strong.

Mine looks like this, except is it silver and black:

UM028_m.JPG
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    AHH! Thanks Mike! I've had this thing forever- it's a miracle!:laugh: :drinker:
  • :bigsmile:

Hey, that was your 100th post... or, at least you just reached your hundredth post. Party! :drinker:

Mike
This discussion has been closed.