So I am cleaning out my closet...and decided to:

Options
just for the heck of try on my only formal gown in my closet.

I planned a glamorous party last march and felt sure my gown would fit and didnt try it on...I was mortified when moments before my guests arrived in formal attire as I requested, I slipped into my gown... It would even barely zip... I grabbed some spare material and fashioned it onto a shawl I had to wear to cover my fully open and exposed back... because I didnt have time to shop for anything else. I was so embarrassed.

I stashed it away in my closet until today. For kicks, 32 lbs lighter, my 18 year old daughter dutifully helped me zip, zip, zip... all the way to the top! I was thrilled and wore it around the house doing chores... JUST BECAUSE I COULD!

149934.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I did that with my prom dress!
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I did that with my cousin's old prom dress- and I'm borrowing it and wearing it winter formal this year (unless I have to buy an even smaller dress)

Congrats.
    I feels awesome, doesn't it?
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    So awesome, I love this story! I had sort of the opposite experience last Saturday, which caused me to restart on myfitnesspal. I bought a really cute dress last year at the height of my weight loss; I wore it to a Broadway show when some of my friends visited me. Anyway, I was set to go to another show with my boyfriend on Saturday and I put on the same dress...it was so tight and not flattering at all :brokenheart: Thankfully it has no zipper because that would SO not have zipped and made the whole moment more depressing!

It was sad as all heck! But now I'm back in the saddle and I WILL look good in that dress again! Glad I read your post :wink:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    So I am cleaning out my closet...and decided to:
    :bigsmile:
    get rid of 3 trash bags full of clothes that don't fit & are just darn ugly.
    And furthermore, I'm planning another clean out when the weather turns cooler - hopefully by then I'll need another smaller size.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    LOL Fantastic!
  • Toniawahbeh
    Options
    thanks all
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!