Was it a silly idea?

Options
2»

Replies

• thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hang it on your wall (use multiple pushpins) -- either in your bedroom, or the room you exercise in.

Nothing wrong with planning ahead and beliving in yourself.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Nope..... hang it on your bathroom door or closet door as motivation!! You can do it!!! :happy:

Did this exact thing with a bikini for motivation to lose baby weight!
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Let it be your MOTIVATION! :wink:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    No, it's not silly. Back in February , a store I often shop at (plus size) was moving and had a clearance sale. I KNEW I needed a new dress for April, but what size? I went smaller than I would have needed that day, by perhaps (I may have been between sizes then...) two sizes. It seemed practical at the time. Guess what? IT WAS PRACTICAL! I fit in in for the occasion in April and have worn in twice since. It lays better and better on me each I wear it. I'm going to a wedding in a couple of weeks, and that will be the dress I'm wearing! If it;s too big on me by the end of the summer, so what? I will have worn it at least four times, and got it for clearance price!

Once you fit into it, and YOU WILL, you will realize that you made the practical choice after all!
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's never a bad idea. Just remember in moderation.
    I had a matching skirt and blouse I wore back in high school hanging at the back of my bedroom door.
    My kids ended up putting things on top of it and just found it 2 months ago. It was a size 13/14.
    I tried it on and just started rotfl. The outfit was too big on my frame. I'm floating in it now.
    So It was a bitter sweet moment. I fit now in size 8s and 10s dress sizes at my current weight of 149 lbs.
    Back in high school, I remember being between 150-160 lbs.
    I'm loving the muscle on my leaner frame. I'm still in awe that I'm in single digit sizes with another 20 lbs to go :laugh:
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have clothes spanning decades and sizes, from 8-26. I didn't keep entire wardrobes, just a few pieces. I don't think it's silly, at all. Just make sure that whatever it is is still in style. I had to ditch the big "Designing Women" jewel-tone suits! :tongue:
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started out in a 22 pair of pants and slowly have gone down in weight.

I keep a drawer full of clothes Id like to one day fit in. That drawer is now empty lol! I only have two pairs of size 14 pants and 1 size 12! I remember holding up the 16s a few months ago and thought if only I can get my fat *kitten* into these I will be happy! Well now those size 16 are starting to get baggy and not fitting well... now Im eyeing those 14s thinking I might get into them sooner rather then later :)!
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Its funny you should mention this, I literally just went through my closet and pulled out the dresses im dying to wear but are waaay too tiny to even try on, then I hung up up on my walls in full display. Its great on days when i feel im too sore or too tired to workout, then i look at them and get my *kitten* off the couch! lol. :)