An Excited Newbie Here!!

Options
I'm so excited to get started with this site/program. I've viewed a few of the messages on here from others and love the enthusiasm and weight loss progress by others. I worked a similar program like this before and it worked well, (but there was no peer support) and I got bored before I reached my goal. I slowly gained it all back. Everyone seems very friendly & supportive. Thanks in advance for your encouragement.

Replies

• cellorocker
    Options
    This is what I love most about the site- the immense support you can get from others.
    Good luck on your journey!
    I hope you meet all your goals.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the choice to join. We are all here for support!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    WELCOME!!! This site is very motivating!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

exercise.png
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey Newbie!

You'll love it here... this site really keeps me accountable to myself, and the support is great. Plus, the recipe forum is awesome. :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Great advice, barbiecat!:bigsmile: You should be very proud of yourself. I so want to lose 40 lbs. by Christmas!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: