Fish

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
I would like a healthy recipe for fish. I live in Minnesota so we are talking like bass, sunnies and northerens I don't know if you can make them all the same but the only way I was ever thought how to make them is in oil and I would like a new fresh and healthy way to make it.

Thank you

Replies

• GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Could try lemon pepper or cajun seasoning and grilling it. Would suggest spraying with Pam or it'll prob siick to yer grill. About the only fish i've grilled though is mahi mahi and i just coated it in melted butter. Also I think Shake and Bake has a oven baked fish fry that's not too bad.
  • skips09
    skips09 Posts: 7
    Options
    Wrap in tin foil and bake in the oven. Takes about 20mins (best to find a guide to how long to cook each fish depending on weight). You can put anything you like in the tin foil parcel, I would definately suggest lemon (yum!).

OR you can poach fish, in milk is yum or in low fat coconut milk with some thai or indian flavours if your looking for something a little more oriental?
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    I second the spice rub / grilled recommendation. I do like a small pat of butter on top, though.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    You can definitely bake them in the oven with some seasoned bread crumbs on top. I used to just sprinkle some lemon pepper on top and bake.

We went on vacation to Wisconsin and ate all those fish...fried though. They were delicious! Luckily since I exercised a few times, I didn't gain any weight. :smile:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    I make a spanish fish that is very good. take any fish you want and spary a cookie sheet with Pam, lay your fish on the pam and spray the top of the fish with pam. put Salsa on top of your fillet and sprinkle cheese on top of the Salsa. put in oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until flakey.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. The spanish one I will have to try when my kids are not around because they are not about change. But I will try it for sure.
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    I like to keep it simple with fish.

use a grilling basket, put in your fish of choice:

add either A: old bay B: lemon pepper, C: small amount of season-all (seasoned salt),

add a few slices of fresh lemon ( i slace half a lemon and reserve the other half for lemon juice (if needed))

put on grill skin side down for 5-10 minutes (until flaky)
  • prohappy
    prohappy Posts: 30
    Options
    I wish I could force myself to eat fish, it's really healthy but I can't ever seem to stomach it down. :grumble: