Cauliflower mashed potatoes or something to that effect

Options
Aprill42
Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
Does anyone know how to make these? I bumped a convo but it disappeared thay had yhe recipe on it. Does anyone have the recipe and do they like it? Helllp

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I boil them until their mushy then I drain them and add almond milk and 0 calorie spray butter and garlic powder and then mash em I like em and honestly I cant tell much of a difference
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Lots of different ways to make them...I haven't had good luck getting them really creamy without adding a bunch of milk...

I use cauliflower a lot by pulsing it in my food processor so it is rice like - then I just use it in place of rice in a lot of dishes - I will just steam it up in the microwave for a little bit...I also use it not steamed to use in place of cous cous/barley when I make things like Tabouli
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe that triggered my recent cauliflower purchase. Haven't tried it yet, though, so no personal review/opinion.

http://foododelmundo.com/2009/11/19/mashed-califlower/

Edit: Forgot to add the link :ohwell:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    The same way you'd make mashed potatoes. I don't do anything differently. I even mix cauliflower and potatoes a lot.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I love mashed cauliflower and make it all the time. It's super easy to make. Just boil the cauliflower until it is soft, then put it in a food processor and puree it. I like to add a little neuchatel cheese or the 30 calorie flavored weight watchers or laughing cow cheese wedges. I also add a little garlic powder and some lemon pepper to mine for flavor.