Why I Hate Dating

Options

Replies

• Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I guess my biggest pet peeve right now in this whole situation is that you meet someone who seems promising and they seem to think the same about you... you go on dates for a few weeks, maybe over a month with everything going well and then they flip a switch and act like a jerk all of a sudden. Can't we all just be honest from the get go about who we are?!

^ This *sighs* :(. I don't even date around much as is, but after having a serious relationship of 3 years the next two guys I dated (over the span of 2 years, like I say, I don't date much) ended up like this. I give up.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have had all the experiences you have.....and THEN some (substitute the texting for IMing and e-mail).

Then, one day, you meet someone that is fun to talk to, a total gentleman, funny and into you. And you spend time together....you talk on the phone and he tells you he hates to hang up. He sends you flowers and lets you know he is thinking of you and is looking forward to seeing you again. And, after some time you realize this is something special.

It happens...it happened to me. Dating should be fun, but not ever guy you meet will be worth dating. ;)

I should add that all my dates after I divorced were from Match.com. It DOES work if you give it time.
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow thought it was just me. I could have wrote this whole entire blog myself. Let's just hope that it gets better hun *HUGS*
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    great post, but i hope you never come back saying "where are all the good men!!??"

so many women have such great guys that are there for them or want to be there for them, but they are "in the friendzone"

same goes for guys, some really great women out there too that the guy has put "in the friendzone"

Take the guy "Shane" for example, doesnt sound like anything is wrong with him, it just sounds like hes too much in a hurry.

The Davis guy though, piece of ****. he can go f' himself.

anyway, you shouldn't hate dating, u could really miss out on some great people without giving them a possible chance at even finding out who they are or what they may be like.

dating sux sure, but no need to absolutely hate it.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Gosh...Why do girls get caught up in dating or calling it dating...

Just hang out..don't lable it....

Dating for most guys is after hanging out...We don't tell our boys we are dating UNTIL we are into her...
    Girls seem to date to get to know the guy...

Should be in this order

*Meet somone
    *Hang out a few times
    If there is a connection
    *You date

If there isn't a real connection
    *Become friends or just move on....

If it is just physical
    *well you know what's up
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    thoughts?

Original writer is still in early twenties but has an outdated view of dating norms today.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I hate dating and relationships. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    thoughts?

Original writer is still in early twenties but has an outdated view of dating norms today.

Totally agree with this

I have a friend at work who would have DATING issues...and then one day I told her..."Stop callng it dating" Ask the dude to hang out..Crack some jokes...if you call it hang out...you will be more free to be yourself...Don't put so much pressure on it...Don't ask too many personal stuff right off...Just have fun...enjoy your surroundings and tell funny stories...

Repeat cycle while adding little by little personal info

then you will grow to appreciate each other

May end up married or Bumpin uglies

who knows
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Yes. I hate dating.

[WALL OF TEXT]

Well, what are you thoughts??

Cry about it or fix it. Your choice.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    thoughts?

Totally agree with this

I have a friend at work who would have DATING issues...and then one day I told her..."Stop callng it dating" Ask the dude to hang out..Crack some jokes...if you call it hang out...you will be more free to be yourself...Don't put so much pressure on it...Don't ask too many personal stuff right off...Just have fun...enjoy your surroundings and tell funny stories...

who knows

Hey Mercenary - You seem pretty knowledgeable... Tell me what is the difference between seeing someone and dating them?? If the guy isn't seeing anyone else and you're not seeing anyone else. You hang out 2 or 3 or 4 times a week and it's been going on for a couple of months, what the hell is such a big deal about calling it "dating"?? Why would the guy be so against the "label"? Keeping his options open for something better?
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    thoughts?

Totally agree with this

who knows
    Thank you! My thoughts exactly! Take the pressure off and stop being so serious! Have fun with it without all those emotionally crippling expectations! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    So you only want to "date" people that you already know you're going to like.

But you can't know if you'll like them until you get to know them.

And in order to get to know them you have to spend SOME amount of time with them.

Which means you probably want to "date" them.

But you don't want to "date" them unless you know you're going to like them.

(Repeat until you're old and spinstery and stop breathing.)
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    thoughts?

Totally agree with this

who knows

I don't understand why people don't get this! It's very easy! Oh and one more thing....the 1st two times you hang out with someone don't be texting other people the whole time and then wonder why April doesn't call you back. Shhheeeesh. This may not be the place to say this but I already wrote it and you already read it and now I feel a little better. Thanks!
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I completely agree with Sillygoose197. How can you tell the values of a person on one date? You need to take the time to get to know someone and keeping things light in the beginning is only logical. Don't give up yet - there are great people to meet out there. By the way, I just celebrated my 25 wedding anniversary but did not meet him until I was in my 30's. Takes time.

I agree.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    Gosh...Why do girls get caught up in dating or calling it dating...

Just hang out..don't lable it....

Dating for most guys is after hanging out...We don't tell our boys we are dating UNTIL we are into her...
    Girls seem to date to get to know the guy...

Should be in this order

*Meet somone
    *Hang out a few times
    If there is a connection
    *You date

If there isn't a real connection
    *Become friends or just move on....

If it is just physical
    *well you know what's up

This is good too.
  • KatyD80
    KatyD80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    All I can say is you have to "kiss" a lot of frogs to find your prince!
    I tried online dating last year and met some really big losers. I ended up meeting my current boyfriend and we are so happy together! It's worth the effort, I promise! :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    thoughts?

Totally agree with this

who knows

Hey Mercenary - You seem pretty knowledgeable... Tell me what is the difference between seeing someone and dating them?? If the guy isn't seeing anyone else and you're not seeing anyone else. You hang out 2 or 3 or 4 times a week and it's been going on for a couple of months, what the hell is such a big deal about calling it "dating"?? Why would the guy be so against the "label"? Keeping his options open for something better?

Want the answer! Here is the answer….You ask…That’s right ladies…If you don’t know what the relationship is…Ask…And…don’t get mad or upset if the answer isn’t what you expected.

Don’t assume you are dating, exclusive, the only one, the future wifey, the only cut buddy…

If I am hanging with a girl 3 to 4 times a week and it has been going on for a couple of months and she is the only one I am into...I will bring up making it exclusive...BUT...if I have another quality chick on the side...I will ride it out until either

a) One ask for an exclusive relationship
    b) I am ready to be with only one

If you don't communicate then you will be looking dumb sun...

so ask what's up...and if it's not what you want to hear...than hopefully you didn't give it up too fast with out laying down some ground rules..
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

Why would the guy be so against the "label"? Keeping his options open for something better?

Everyone should be keepig their options open until there is a discussion on EXCLUSIVITY <yup it's a word..I looked it up
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dr. Love!!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Dating is stupid. LOL. But, it is the only way to get from here to there. I have never dated until recently. I hate it with every fibre of my being. But, even if I do date, I just call it hanging out. It takes away the formality of it, and makes it easier for me. I just prefer to meet people from friends, or at parties or whatever. i don't really do the "walk up to a stranger and ask her out bit" like some guys do. So, that takes the pressure off too, because it's not so foreign. If you met at a party, maybe you talked for a couple of hours and had a good connection, so it's easier the next time you "hang out".