hr monitor

Options
already posted this but no replys in the fitness forum, i want a heart rate monitor but dont want to pay loads cant really afford it what s a decent one but cheap too?

Replies

• CrazyDaisyMom
    CrazyDaisyMom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it. I got mine from Amazon.com for I think $80, and it has totally proven to be worth the money spent.
  • feather314
    feather314 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm in the market for one too. Been looking at the New Balance N4 and the Polar Ft4. Similar pricing - $60-$70. Can't decide which one would be better for me.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    What is cheap? I got a Frontline with HR chest strap (one that I can change the batteries on myself) and watch that tells time, alarms, laps, cals burned, HR (obviously) and more stuff for 50$. I love it!!!

Oh, got it al WalMart!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    polar FT4. I think it was around 60.00. It comes with the chest strap and is sooo worth it. You can see if you're in your max heartbeat range for burning fat. It shows your heartrate, adjusts it often and tells you how many calories you burn based on your height, weight, age and sex. It's totally worth the $
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polor FT4 and love mine. I got mine on Amazon for $65. Its very easy to set up and use.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think that Polar has great HRM, that's what I have. Go on amazon and see what types of deals there are. I don't think there are any cheap ones out there, but they are worth saving for. Mine has a chest strap, which improves the accuracy. If you go to the Polar site, they compare the models and you can get an idea what you like. Or check ebay and see what the prices are and then go from there. Good luck, I've had mine about 6 months and wear it every day. Best wishes and luck in finding one that you can afford. However, if you can't swing it, use MFP's exercise "bank" for estimating the calories burned, it is pretty good. :flowerforyou:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 - but based on what I'm reading here, I overpaid LOL yay! But, I love it :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    No such thing as cheap and effective when it comes to HRMs. Save your pennies for a few months and invest in a good one. And watch the sales ads for your local sports shops - a couple friends of mine were able to pick up Polar FT4s for about $45.
    Polar and Garmin seem to be the best. I've had two Polars and loved them both.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 - but based on what I'm reading here, I overpaid LOL yay! But, I love it :)

HAHA I paid 99 bucks for my polar about 6 years ago. I had to replace the battery in the watch finally this past winter, and then I got a new smaller chest strap for a whopping 7 bucks. This was the best investment I ever made for myself.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm another one in for the Polar FT4! I just got it not long ago and find it easy to use/set up. It wasnt too expensive, and upon reading reviews the polar came highly recomended.
    Oh and bonus, the ladies model is not huge, and it came in a pink flesh tone! so it doesnt stand out too much.
    :)
  • Rloral
    Rloral Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a proform HRM. I purchased mine on HSN for $25.00. It has a chest strap and watch. I'm really glad I purchased one because my elliptical machine was way off on calories burned. Good luck.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Pyle for $26 on Amazon. Works good so far. had it 2 weeks
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F4, which I guess was replaced with the FT4. Have had it for 4 yrs and I love it! Jeweler replaced the receiver battery for me.
  • NikkiLS28
    NikkiLS28 Posts: 43
    Options
    I just ordered a Timex TG5G941 from Newegg for $35. I didn't want to spend a ton, but it got pretty good reviews for the price. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival so I can see how many calories I'm actually burning!
  • I would go with a digifit, it has everything u could want for a fraction of the cost compared to other brands with the same features. Check them out Digifit.