1st Anniversary

Options
One year ago today I began my journey for getting healthier. I quit smoking on this day, which eventually led to my being able to breath better so that I could work on my weight. As a result, I have lost 25 lbs so far. :bigsmile:

Thanks to my Nutritionist for introducing me to MFP. :flowerforyou: Although I was losing slowly before, MFP has helped me become aware of what I was actually putting in my body :sick: and I am now able to make better choices. :drinker: I've learned a lot just from reading many of the posts, and I've made a couple of friends along the way.

I started out by walking a mile a day. I now walk 3 miles a day and although it's painful (plantar faciitis), I push through it. My feet are starting to feel better with less weight to carry around. I still have a ways to go, but I know with the support I receive I can do what I need to to overcome the obstacles. :tongue:

Janet :happy:

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!
  • Younger_at_50
    Younger_at_50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you're an inspiration to others!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Way to go...happy anniversary!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What a reason to celebrate!:flowerforyou:
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 1 year smoke free...I have about a month to go until my 1 year! It feels so rewarding doesn't it!? I look at smokers and wonder now how I did that for so long and how controlling it is?!! It totally consumes a person and dictates everything they are going to do.

MFP is a great site, now that summer is here though I find that I've been slacking a little...it's been harder to find that motivation. I think it's because I was starting to feel comfortable in my own skin again so you tend to lose that drive and start slipping back into your old ways, especially if you don't see any changes right away. I think seeing everyone elses success really helps you get back on the wagon! :smile:

Keep up the good work!
  • 21alpine
    21alpine Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It's greatly appreciated. Bring on the next year !!
  • trikstar
    trikstar Posts: 61
    Options
    Congratulations on both! Those are great accomplishments! Keep at it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!