Need friends! :)

Options
I'm starting over again and I was hoping I could add some of you as friends so I can be held accountable and be able to get some advice from time to time. I'm a long-term "dieter" (hate that word) so I know a lot about what works for me, but sometimes I haven't had the motivation to do it or I delude myself into thinking that I don't have to try as hard as I should. Other random facts: live in Chicago, have an adorable cat, enjoy jogging (slowly), would like to try a strength-training routine, but haven't found one I like yet, and I'm not a morning person!
Thanks everyone!!
Chrissi

Replies

• Emotrek
    Emotrek Posts: 3
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend. i just started myself, so maybe we can help each other!
  • randeedonovan
    randeedonovan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chris,

I just met a friend at the park this afternoon, and we were having the SAME conversation as always... I need to lose weight, I feel like crap, etc. And even worse, we're both trying to find some magic pill, magic shake, magic something or other. I'm so sick of this!!! I need to get serious, quit making excuses, and FINALLY lose weight.

I saw that I last logged in the first week of July of last year. A year later, and I'm 1.6 pounds heavier. The good news is that's not so bad. The bad news is I've made NO progress, and that's not so good.

So, here I am. Let's DO THIS!
  • rfp67
    rfp67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    everyone needs friends for this journey! Feel free to add me!
  • tazkam03
    tazkam03 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Chrissi.. I am also new on here.. Feel free to add me
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I just started back today, I have decided that I am ready to get off of the roller coaster!!
  • Superskinnie36
    Superskinnie36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbee so I would be glad to be friends. I just found this site a few days ago and I like want it offers. I , too have been a (dieter)
    but now I am ready to be honest with myself. This is a daily struggle for me but I have been putting in the hard work,eatting rite and excerising. I'm on week two. I can tell a difference in my body its doesnt hurt (Im sore) from workout but Not like before. I live in alaska, have three kids and a husband, and I'm ready to to do something for Me!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    i would.. but i hate cats.. sorry
  • boys4girls1
    Options
    You can add me as well. The more people we have encouraging us the better. Good luck to you.
  • luannek
    luannek Posts: 5
    Options
    I am also new and do not have any friends yet, so feel free to add me also.
  • Lisascherer1
    Lisascherer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends, feel free to add me. Also, a great strength training group class is called "Body Pump", have you ever heard of it? Some local gyms in my area (St. Louis) offer it. You work on one muscle group to the length of one song. So for examples "triceps" last about 3 mins....then biceps...and so on. I never liked strength training before and love this!
  • npk3034
    npk3034 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    I have same goals as yours...I believe in healthy lifestyle. Please feel free to add me...request on the way :)
  • earnestfarley
    earnestfarley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I should tell you that it won't always be warm fuzzies! Without exercise intensity, you won't see significant success. I think its 80% food discipline, 20% exercise if you want to move the needle.