Any Drinkers Out There?

Options
2»

Replies

• considermac
    Options
    In the summer I like vodka and water with a lemon and a lime. Keeps me hydrated and about 70-90 cals.

However, I enjoy captain and diet at times and straight whiskey with a good cigar. I know I know.
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pshh, I won't tell you to cut out alcohol. I work hard all week long - both at work and during my workouts - so I definitely don't have a problem having a drink (or two or three... lol) on a Saturday night. I'm not a whiskey gal, but if you're open to something else, vodka soda and some fresh lime squeezed in is low calorie and really refreshing. And of course, there's always red or white wine.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Maybe drink an 8 ounce glass of iced lemon water with a stir stick In-between the liquor?
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have no problem keeping my calories under 1200 per day... it's just the drinking that throws everything off. Although I drink Lite beer, I still love my Jack & Diet. Are there any other whiskey drinkers out there that can provide alternate suggestions? I'm sure many of you will suggest getting rid of alcohol altogether... but that's much easier said than done.

Yes, I used to drink but found out it is counter-productive for dieting. You can eat, or you can drink, but you can rarely do both. If you save calories for booze, you will not have enough for good nutrition. If you eat VERY CLEANLY (and that means the biggest nutritional bang for your buck) you may be able to slide in a drink or two now and then but it should be wine as most alcohol is carbs that turns to sugar. I am sorry to have to tell you this but I know I won't be the only one saying this. I used to drink canadian club and diet coke. I weighed a lot. To be successful at dieting, you have to change your eating/drinking habits. Unfortunately, drinking also tends to stimulate the appetite. The secret to weight loss is carb control. You will need to keep it around 100 carbs a day while cutting. You can actually lose a LOT of weight by just cutting out alcohol and restaurants even with zero exercise. You will get a lot of good advice and some bogus advice from these forums. The thing to do is decide what has the ring of truth to it and investigate it yourself to your satisfaction. Don't take everything written as gospel, really research it and you will find your answer.
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Gotta have my wine so I cut out any alcohol Monday thru Thursday. Fri/Sat/Sun - I make sure to fit wine calories in by exercising. I always find a way to fit in those calories!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I find drinking once a week or every other week isn't preventing my weight loss. And I'm not going to drink some nasty "skinny" drink. Give me some wine, I'll work the calories off ;-)
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    what?!! I don't have to give up alcohol??? I haven't had any for a month now!!! Er....Hang on I'll be right back.....
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Love my bottle of Rose wine at the end of the week. <3
  • ashleybaby1007
    Options
    I really struggle with this too. The way i have been doing it is allowing myself one drink on the weekends for every mile I ran over the past week. So, if I ran 2 miles every day Monday-Friday, that's a total of 10 miles, so I can have 10 drinks Friday-Sunday! Not sure if calorically that all that adds up, but it's at least motivation for me to run. :)