Empty Nesters?

Options
I have been on for about a week. I am a married mom of 6(2step) and now that we have an empty nest(awesome, BTW!) I have time to work on me. Anybody in a similar boat, looking for friends to motivate me!

Replies

• justme0362
    justme0362 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm with you for sure. I love being an empty nester ... but now I've just recently become a grandmother ... NOW THAT'S AWESOME!!! I'll be sending a friend request. And anyone else who would like to request me feel free ... the more the merrier :flowerforyou:
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My husband has two children from a previous marriage- but yea- they are 25 & 21 and on their own- it's kind of fun!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I am too, my last one to move out was our 25 year old daughter and I have no grandchildren. I also have two sons. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I agree it is fun, but I do miss them.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    We have been empyty nesters for awhile. We have a blended family of 5 children. We now have 6 grandchildren. I'm really now trying to concentrate on me and feeling good about myself.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Kahiapo
    Kahiapo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am about to be an empty nester on 6/20, I feel too young to be saying "empty nester"! I know I should be looking forward to it but I am not. :(
  • grandmeem
    grandmeem Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been an empty nester since the beginning of the year when my son and his finance moved out. I am also a grandmother and love it but I miss being a mom. My kids were my life for so long, I miss it sometimes. Anyone who would like to can friend me. I like meeting new people.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 52 andI have had an empty nest for 11or 12 years now, ( Had 2 kids by 20 so when I was 40 they were in college) My kids are awesome people and I missed them so much, none of my friends were at that stage when I was so I was pretty alone for a while.. Now we have the 5 grandkids so we have an empty nest with little vistors from time to time. My Hubby and I can do what we what when we want to ; ) .
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Our nest is empty, too, except for our 5-year-old springer spaniel. I have three beautiful granddaughters, but all live quite a distance from us. I am working full-time and have more hobbies than I have time! But a full life is a good one!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My second child will be off to college in August (my first left 3 years ago) and I too will be an empty nester. I can't say I'm excited about it but proud that both of my children are well on their way to success. Please anyone feel free to add me.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    We were empty nesters - both sons moved on, one married with two gorgeous daughters, one about to be married this summer. So it was just us and our springer spaniel. Then we moved my mother in 4 years ago. She is SO active she is as hard to keep track of as a teenager. But she does dishes, cooking, helps with housework and expenses, and takes regular trips away so it all works great. My fab husband gets along great with her or it would never work.