Morning or night weight?

Options
I weigh-in on Tuesdays, usually morning. Last night I hopped on the scale to see where I was and then again this morning for my "true" weigh-in. Last night I was 1.5 lbs heavier then this morning. Which do most people use? Does it matter?
If I use my weight from last night I lost 1.5 lbs this week, if I use my weight from this morning I lost 3 lbs.....I do not want to set myself up for the feeling of failure for next week.
Thanks for your opinions.

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    your most accurate weight will be first thing in the morning, naked, after you pee, before you eat anything.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Always weigh yourself in the morning after using the restroom and naked,
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I feel like as long as you weigh yourself at the same time each day that should be an accurate account of weight lost. I normally weigh more at night, but the way I see it everything I've eaten that day really hasn't had a chance to digest/break down so I go with morning weigh ins. I feel like it's more accurate plus it motivates me more to see the smaller number :bigsmile:
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm also a morning person. Plus, for all the women out there, we can put on something like 5lbs of water weight during that time of the month... sometimes, being a woman is just not fair. So if you tend to see a spike once a month, there's probably a good explaination for it. :grumble: