Peanut stir fry veggies with Quinoa or any whole grain

Options
Kandyhar
Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
I work in Afghanistan so I am limited in my ingredients, this worked perfect using stuff out of a care package and veggies from the salad bar at the dining hall. I can see myself making this a ton when I get home. It can be revised to use low-sodium soy sauce (I didn't have any), almond butter, or PB2 although I haven't tried it with PB2 yet. You could also add chicken or tofu if you are at home.

It's high in sodium, but that can be revised... it turned out great and hope you like it!

2 C. Whole Grain of choice (I used Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Medley) or Quinoa
1 C. Broccoli, uncooked
1/3 C. diced onion
1/3 C. chopped bell peppers
1/3 C. sliced celery
1/3 C. Shredded carrots
12 whole natural almonds
1/3 C. Rice Vinegar/seasoned or garlic
1 T. ground ginger
5 t. Sriracha or to taste
3 T. Soy Sauce (optional)
1.5 oz Peanut Butter or Almond Butter or PB2 (approx 2 T.)
Cooking spray

Cook whole grain as per directions. While it is steaming or in the microwave, stir fry the veggies in a pan on med/high heat with about 1-2 seconds spray of PAM

Add 1-2 T. soy sauce, Sriracha, ground ginger, and rice vinegar to the vegetables. Stir often and reduce heat to med/low if necessary. Cook for about 3-5 min until vegetables are cooked through and a bit wilted. Add whole natural almonds, reduce heat to low.

In 1 C. microwaveable measuring cup, add Jif To Go peanut butter or any nut butter of your choosing, add equal parts water (ex: 2 T. Peanut Butter, 2 T. water) add 1 T. soy sauce, 1 T. Sriracha (optional) microwave 30 seconds... stir. Microwave another 10 seconds until it is a peanut sauce (should still be runny, but not lumpy)

Pour sauce over vegetables... heat on low/med for 1-2 min, there should still be a sauce in the pan, so don't cook too long.

Pour grain into a container or bowl, add half of vegetable/sauce mix... stir... add the rest of the vegetables/sauce mix and stir again... makes 2 servings.

Enjoy!

Replies

• sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    yummy! This looks delicious :) Thanks!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! I need to save this one and try it very soon.
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Woah, that sounds awesome!
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! It turned out really great... I'm glad it only made two servings because I probably wouldn't have been able to put the rest away. I revised one of my old recipes and tried to make it healthier.... there all sorts of ways you can add to it! Quinoa noodles, tofu, chicken, or any vegetable you like. Even just a bag of that frozen stir fry mix would work. I'm a sucker for spicy stuff and peanut sauce...