How to read nutritional info for PF Changs....anyone?

Options
http://www.pfchangs.com/menu/NutritionalInfo.aspx

How do you read the dang thing? It states servings per dish and then calories per dish. The calories per dish, does that include all servings or do you multiply the calories per dish by number of servings?

I am the only one a little confused by this?

Replies

• arnie900
    arnie900 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's because Americans expect huge portions when they go out to eat. So, for example, if you order the kung pao chicken, you'll get a giant plate, which actually is 3 servings. But the whole plate is 1100 calories, and there are plenty of people who will polish off the whole thing in one sitting. So the safe thing to do is to divide it up into thirds and put two-thirds in a to-go container right away (or put one-third each in two to-go containers) and then you just eat the extras for lunch and dinner the next day or dinner the next two days or whatever. Then you just divide the plate calories by 3 and you'll know you're only getting about 367 calories per meal, which is way more normal and healthy than 1100 calories in one sitting. It's all about portion control!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    One of PF Changs dishes could be 4 servings. It is deceiving. Be careful.
  • spartanga
    spartanga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this is confusing. Why list the servings / dish if the nutritional info is on the entire dish?

The info seems too low to be the entire dish but too high if you multiple x servings.

e.g. Moo Goo Gai Pan is 310 calories....no way it is 310 calories (minus the rice) for the entire dish...but is is 930? (x3)
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this!!! I am taking my BF to PF Changs on Saturday for his 30th birthday (Its a surprise trip to the beach, and a fun day complete with para-sailing!!!)

I always order the Sesame Chicken AND the chicken fried rice!!!!!!!! LOL, I do want to splurge A LITTLE, to celebrate with him.... So I think I will ask for to-go boxes with the start of our meal, and split the dishes up into 3servings and put them aside.... that way we can enjoy without killing myself with calories!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super excited for this weekend =)
  • vanillaaaaaa
    vanillaaaaaa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused about this too did anyone figure it out?