Women Help Please!

Options
I was expected to start my period last month on the 28th. I'm pretty normal with my 28 days. I've actually NEVER missed a period! - I have no health issues. I did start my dieting with mfp may 1st & have lost 15 pounds over that course of time. I stay within 1200-1600 calories a day and work out about 30 mins to an hour a day. Could this be the reason in my late period? I also took 2 pregnancy test, both negaitive to rule that out, within the last 3 days. I have all the symptoms that it could be coming on (tender breast, lower back pain, slight cramps, irritablity, craving sweets.. all of it), these symptoms came on over 2 weeks ago. Could this be because of my quick weight loss? Anyone else ever expierence this when they first started working out / watching what they eat? Thanks!! :D

Replies

• betteringmyselfeachday
    Options
    1) You can be late due to your weight loss
    2) You can be late due to stress
    3) Are you taking your tests first thing in the morning?
    4) Try drinking lots of green tea, for whatever reason, it makes you start! :)

Hope this helps
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It could be because of weight loss and your diet. Drink lots of water and try to relax. If you do not get it within a week after you are supposed to start consult your gyno.
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    Sometimes you just dont ovulate or you ovulated later than you usually do, sometimes ovulation is delayed which would delay your period. It doesnt mean anything is wrong but it happens. Changing your eating and exercise habits could be the cause or it could be many other things. If you are really concerned go to ur doctor, but i would think u are fine and just need to be patient.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When I first started dieting and exercising on a regular basis, my cycle switched up also. Your only a week late, so I would give it another week. Relax, don't stress about it as that ALWAYS makes mine messed up.
  • brwneyedirish813
    brwneyedirish813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies. Like i said i feel a slight dull cramping. But doesn't help im worrying about it too. Because i never am late. LOL - Ive got every symptom to start, it's just not coming. Time to be patient. :D
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't want to make you freak out or anything but maybe you could be pregnant? I had that same issue and found out I was pregnant a week after. For some reason women get pregnant easy when working out alot and eating healthy. I was doing my goal weight last year and was half way there and I end up getting pregnant. I could be wrong as well. But you said you already took a test. If its the same for next week I would take another pregnancy test again. But it could be other things as well. I would talk to your doctor and find out.
  • neverbythenumbers
    Options
    The same exact thing happened to me last year. I lost around 8 to 10 pounds over the course of a month, and my period ended up being almost two weeks late. I had the same long, drawn out symptoms. I think it's just another way that our bodies adjust to the weight difference.
  • brwneyedirish813
    Options
    Thanks cghighfill ! Your right :D:D thanks ladies!
  • brwneyedirish813
    Options
    Iansmommy1230 - I took a test on sunday. A good one.. negaitive.. and that was 6 days late already. I have a little one already and had none of these symptoms. LOL - I had just a late period then. If i didn't have the symptoms i wouldn't rule that out though lol
  • brwneyedirish813
    Options
    neverbythenum- thanks! im glad to know im not the only one. I just want it to get here already. I'm done with the symptoms. LOL So over it!
  • Raeca89
    Raeca89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure your exercise and weight loss can impact your cycle. Especially since you've lost a whole 15 pounds in a month (Congrats, btw!). Also, you're dieting and exercising sounds somewhat intense. Just curious, is that what MFP has recommended by default or are you going on your own program?
    I've heard that exercise can alter or even stop your period in case of emergency. What I mean is, the body expects that losing weight is a result of lack of food and as such, kicks itself into survival mode to eliminate as many non-necessary functions as possible. It's why super-athletic girls get their periods really late or that girls with eating disorders stop their periods all together. I am totally NOT suggesting that you are any way similar to that, I'm really just trying to point out what I've learned from school. Typically, with survival mode though, I think you're supposed to experience other symptoms and body functions that have stopped. I have forgotten what those are though, to be honest. All in all, if you're taking pregnancy tests that are coming back negative, I wouldn't sound the alarms just yet. Keep an eye on it and if this or the next couple of periods don't show up, you should probably get a hold of your gyno.
    I found some excellent articles from WebMD and a fellow calorie counting site that could be helpful.

http://women.webmd.com/tc/missed-or-irregular-periods-topic-overview
    http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/health-support/amenorrhoea-lose-period
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    This also happened to me! I got all of the symptoms then they kind of stopped.. and I was a little late, I got worried too. I had a teeny bit of spotting, that also went away. I did panic. O.O But it came, and was just a bit lighter than normal.. not much. Give it a few days it most likely is your body getting used to weight loss.
  • brwneyedirish813
    Options
    Raeca89- thanks so much you definately helped me. my calorie based on mfp is 1200 recommended so yeah im staying within the goals. I'm only 4'11. LOL Short i know, so ive got a big goal. The work outs really depend on how im feeling, but i did just start running & it's my first time in several several years before doing that. I'm just waiting for nature to take it's course & go from there. I think im more aggravated with the slight cramps, fatigue, usual period symptoms that are lasting just to long lol- thanks for the sites, looking them over now :D
  • brwneyedirish813
    Options
    emnk5308 - okay thank you! :D:D after talking to you guys. Seems very normal now.
  • mommysgettingskinny
    mommysgettingskinny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completely skipped mine this month from a 12 lb weight loss and believe me there is no sex going on over here lol!
  • brwneyedirish813
    Options
    mommysgetting- hehehe im sure thats very well whats going on with me LOL - I'm trying to do all i can to relax. hehe