C4 - anyone else using?

Options
So, I recently purchased C4 and added to my preworkout supplements... and can you say AWESOME?! I've been using N.O.xpolode and the energy I get from C4 last soo much longer... without the jitters!

Some don't use these products and thats fine... I get up and get my workout in at 5am everyday and this allows me to put 110% into it.

If anyone is looking into getting something like this try a sample pack! I LOVE it. It is a little on the pricey side but for e it is worth every penny!

Kylie

Replies

• redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    heehee ... what in the world is C4?
    Inquiring minds want to know :wink:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it but my husband swears by it. I'm glad to hear you like it!
  • kyliebird916
    Options
    Red - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/c4-extreme.html
    Preworkout booster... it gives me alot of enrgy to intenify my workouts!

Stylestchik - I LOVE it! lol. My workouts have improved with its use
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    Im not going to say that is AWESOME, but its very cool.

I dont drink it if Im going to spinning or any other class since it makes me need to drink a lot of water. But I love to push for more and feel more effect in my body. It is great for sweaty lifting days.

But I think I will not buy it again, I mean... I can get the pump from coffee... is something else C4 has, that is cool but I could workout with out.

On the other hand, I have been using it for a good 2 weeks and I have not loss to much weight since. Some where I read you can retain water... but I thought that I could sacrifice figures in the scale for better/enjoyable workouts...
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Used it loved it but found out it has causes bloating in women due to the creatine if you don't mind it you can continue using it but if you would like the same effect without the creatine u can get the no extreme n zero it has the same effects especially if you are strenght training. It only has 30 serving for the price of the 60 but if you go online you can get for a little cheaper.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have been using C4 since before they changed the formula a few months back when that whole DMAA thing happened. I have to admit it's not as effective as it was prior to the formula change. I have since then been trying other brands. Old C4 is still the best I've ever tried, but the new stuff just isn't as good.

For the record, they had an ingredient in there that they were forced by the FDA to remove because it was deemed harmful. They increased the amount of caffeine to compensate for it. I don't respond that much to caffeine so, there you go...

Other ones I've found that are comparable to older C4:

Musclepharm Assault
    BSN N.O. Xplode 2.0
    Driven Sports CRAZE
    BSN HyperFX (probably the best one on the market if you're looking for something Creatine-free)
  • kyliebird916
    Options
    Yeah, i found bloating at first when i switched to it... easy fix with more H20 consumption. Which is not a prolem for me now, so yeahh! And I dont use the full two scoops, i only use one.
  • kyliebird916
    Options
    I will have to check out BSN HyperFX... thanks much!
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Used it loved it but found out it has causes bloating in women due to the creatine if you don't mind it you can continue using it but if you would like the same effect without the creatine u can get the no extreme n zero it has the same effects especially if you are strenght training. It only has 30 serving for the price of the 60 but if you go online you can get for a little cheaper.

Creatine causes water retention in people, not "bloating in women." It takes 3-5g to see any effect from it at all however and you have to take it consistently everyday. C4 contains 1g per serving, so it won't be enough to cause any effect.

Creatine has its benefits if you're strength training. And the water retention isn't much.
  • icandoit203
    Options
    Thanks for the update every gnc I went to told me the same thing about the water retention ( I do take it 6days a week) I asked is it even enough to cause bloating and they all said yes. Maybe there were just trying to sell the product i figured it had to be straight creatine obviously its not enough in the mixture of the C4. As she said more water which I drink or the other option you suggested.
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options

Creatine causes water retention in people, not "bloating in women." It takes 3-5g to see any effect from it at all however and you have to take it consistently everyday. C4 contains 1g per serving, so it won't be enough to cause any effect.

Creatine has its benefits if you're strength training. And the water retention isn't much.

So my slow weight loss is due to another thing?... damn! I liked the C4 excuse... :-)
  • icandoit203
    Options

So my slow weight loss is due to another thing?... damn! I liked the C4 excuse... :-)

Same here guess I have to workout harder
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Creatine, more or less, is a recovery aid. The way it causes your muscles to retain water allows them to recover from workouts much more quickly. Quicker recovery = more workouts, more workouts = better results. Taking a pre workout that contained a full day's worth of creatine before every workout and supplementing with creatine monohydrate on my off days was what made the difference in my recovery times that allowed me to go through full body circuits every day. Without it I could only manage every other day.

It's important to note that people who work out using forms of exercise that are more endurance-based/slow-twitch muscle fiber oriented won't see beneficial results from creatine generally, in fact creatine supplementation could hurt their performance. Think about the difference between a sprinter and a distance runner. If your workouts resemble more of what a distance runner does, creatine is bad. But if your workouts resemble more of what a sprinter does, it will help you achieve your goals.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Also, if you're using a scale to measure your progress in any form of workout that justifies creatine supplementation, you're doing it wrong. The types of workouts that benefit from creatine use are the type that emphasize muscle building just as much as they do fat loss.
  • osubrndn
    osubrndn Posts: 32
    Options
    i've been taking c4 for about 2-3 weeks now...i'm a fan of it. I think jack3d is comparable to it, which i took before running out and consequently trying out c4..i think it's worth, another one of my buddies started it when i did and is a fan as well...and i have the blueberry flavor and it tastes really good.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Have you used c4 for a pre workout that is mainly cardio or is this mostly for weight training only?
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Have you used c4 for a pre workout that is mainly cardio or is this mostly for weight training only?

I've used it for both and it depends on what type of cardio you're talking about. If you're talking HIIT or any form of cardio that requires explosive force its great. If it's purely endurance based no, it'll hurt your results.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I've used it for both and it depends on what type of cardio you're talking about. If you're talking HIIT or any form of cardio that requires explosive force its great. If it's purely endurance based no, it'll hurt your results.

thats good to know - I do both HIIT and the long zombie sessions on the treadmill.

Any suggestions for what to use as a preworkout supp for endurance/normal cardio?
  • contingencyplan
    Options

thats good to know - I do both HIIT and the long zombie sessions on the treadmill.

Any suggestions for what to use as a preworkout supp for endurance/normal cardio?

Honestly just a cup of coffee. The only thing that benefits you in moderate intensity cardio those things have are the stimulants. The rest are for muscle intensive work. So just drink coffee and get the stimulants without the extra.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    So I see that this post is pretty old, but I Googled "can you drink coffee after using C4" and this post popped up, so I thought it'd be worth a try.

I started C4 on Monday- and yes, I like it. But I usually have a cup or two of coffee when I get to work- will drinking coffee after using C4 have effects (on the heart- palpitations, etc.). I take C4 at around 4:30am and I get to work around 8:30. The only reason I wonder is because on the label it says not to use with any other stimulant.... so I thought I'd do a little research first.