Understanding MFP

Options
After I put in everything that I will have today.. I still have around 400 calories left w/ 370 calories added after workout. So in order to loose weight do I have to eat till 0 cals... or reach 370... or does it matter? Thank you!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    After I put in everything that I will have today.. I still have around 400 calories left w/ 370 calories added after workout. So in order to loose weight do I have to eat till 0 cals... or reach 370... or does it matter? Thank you!
    Your original goal gives you the weight loss deficit, without exercise.

If you exercise 370 and eat 370 more it preserves the original deficit for weight loss.
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think it is a personal choice !!!!!!!!!!!!! I personal only eat when I am hungry even if I don't reach my calorie goal and I almost never eat back my exercise calories to me that seems defeating. I know that people talk about the starvation mode but from my research in order for it to start your body has to only have 5 or 10 % of body fat and I am no where near that. I just think you have to find something that works for you.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, so I can only speak for myself, but I lost 52 lbs eating back all of my exercise calories and then some.

I've maintained that weight loss (give or take a couple of pounds) for over a year doing the same thing.

That being said I don't count calories when I do housework, or gardening, or a slow walk with the dogs. I only count "intentional" exercise, e.g. gym workouts.

Good luck!!