Workout Combination

What is the best workout combination to get the most burn and the best results. I have access to a FULL gym from 60 minutes, what do I do, in what order, and how long??

I'm still about 20lbs over weight and my mid-section is my problem area!!

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    High intensity interval training (15 minutes) followed by lower intensity cardio (30-45 minutes). 60 minutes of lifting. On alternate days.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    As has been said in other threads........do what you like and you'll stick with.

That said, if I only had an hour a day at a gym to work out, I'd probably do cardio 3-4 days a week and do weight work the other days. I'd probably take classes and run on cardio days.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Unfortunately, it is impossible to spot-reduce (mid-section only weight-loss). I would lift weights, particularly focused on your larger muscle groups (legs, hips, back) and follow that up with 12-15 minutes of HIIT.
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    oOoOoO ... I 'm loving all of this!! More Please :)
  • lizziem90
    lizziem90 Posts: 22
    Well my lovely PT instructor introduced me to bike interval training 10 mins (30 secs 80RPM and 30 secs as fast as you can go - he said between 100-150 RPM), I have been pushing for 130 RPM and trust me 10 mins gets you sweaty!!!! He did also say that because you are jumping your body from slow to quick over and over you metabolism slowly decreases after you finish at the gym which burns more calories after the gym as opposed to something not doing interval training when their metabolism sky dives when leaving the gym - that make sense? I typically do 10k on the bike 20 mins, 2000m on the rower 10 mins and a hill interval climb on the treadmill 20 mins to finish up with some toning, muscle work .... Also try the equipment you don't like apparently you work harder. I have found myself not going to the gym at all (5 weeks ago) to going on average 3/4 times a week and love it once you get that high you will start to look forward to it (how sad am i!) good luck!!!