Feel Good Music

Options
LadyElby
LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
Looking to expand my music library. Know any good Feel Good Music? It can be anything from fast paced pump-it-up stuff that you listen to during a high cal burn like Rihanna, or just plain ol' good for the soul, emotional, hits deep in the heart kind of stuff like James Morrison. Come on people, I've got pretty ecclectic taste in music so I'm sure I'll like it. Just hoping to discover some new artists/groups I've never heard of.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• LadyElby
    Options
    Anyone around?
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Ummm bump?
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You've probably heard of them...

Bob Marley and the Wailers :smokin:

...can't feel any better than that!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    XTC!
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    YES! Okay! So! For good for the soul I have: In my Mind by Amanda Palmer and Do You Swear To Tell The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth So Help You Black *kitten* by Amanda Palmer (There's gonna be a lot of Amanda Palmer here :P ) And Sing by The Dresden Dolls

For feel good like pumping up I have Want it Back by Amanda Palmer and Do It With A Rockstar by Amanda Palmer also... lots of The Offspring!

Pretty much most of Amanda Palmer's/The Dresden Dolls' music feels good for the soul. Even if it hurts, because it hurts sooo good. /fangirling
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Gym Class Heroes f/ Ryan Tedder- "The Fighter" love it!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You've probably heard of them...

Bob Marley and the Wailers :smokin:

...can't feel any better than that!

thats funny... i was gonna say raggae
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Grouplove!

The Shins!

Gorillaz!

Grateful Dead!

Prince!

Stevie Wonder!

Supertramp!

Tribe Called Quest!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I listen to anything from Godsmack to Gospel... but when I need a lift nothing does it like Stevie Wonder!! Plus it's fun to dance to so mega-calorie burn!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    wK9JOl.jpg

You did say feel good
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Grab a song called Gravity by Nico Vega. Add it to your workout. You won't regret it. Also Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush. Those two are awesome to work out to IMO.
    Oh...feel good, Into the Wild/ LP.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Broken Wings
    Down To My Last
    Open Your Eyes
    Shed My Skin
    Life Must Go On
    ... and more by Alter Bridge

Sweet Release by Billy Squier (and many more)

In A Darkened Room'
    I Remember You
    Wasted Time
    Quicksand Jesus
    by Skid Row

Say Hello To Heaven
    Hunger Strike
    by Temple Of The Dog

Dear Agony
    Diary Of Jane
    Dance With The Devil
    What Lies Beneath
    by Breaking Benjamin

I'm going for the soulful stuff. Nothing makes me happier than a depressing song.
  • kathdela
    Options
    Broken Wings
    Down To My Last
    Open Your Eyes
    Shed My Skin
    Life Must Go On
    ... and more by Alter Bridge

Sweet Release by Billy Squier (and many more)

In A Darkened Room'
    I Remember You
    Wasted Time
    Quicksand Jesus
    by Skid Row

Say Hello To Heaven
    Hunger Strike
    by Temple Of The Dog

Dear Agony
    Diary Of Jane
    Dance With The Devil
    What Lies Beneath
    by Breaking Benjamin

I'm going for the soulful stuff. Nothing makes me happier than a depressing song.
    I so get that! I'm a glutton for punishment, apparently.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Jeezy Creezy, kids! It says feel good music, not downer music. You have to know the difference, right?

As for the Stevie Wonder comments: Hell yes! Innervisions is such a terrific album from start to finish!
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I like everything from Southern Rock & Classic Rock, to Jazz & Blues, to country.....here are just a few you might like:

The White Stripes "Ball and Biscuit"

Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love"

Joe Cocker "You can leave your hat on"

Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight"

Journey "Don't Stop Believin"

Def Leppard "Women"

Foreigner "Urgent"

Steve Miller Band "The Joker"

John Corabi "Hooligan's Holiday"

Vince Neil "Tattoos & Tequila"

Sebastian Bach "Kicking & Screaming"

Jackyl "The Lumberjack"
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Down To The Moon - Andreas Vollenweider

Instrumental. Maybe not quite what you are looking for, but its one of my favorite albums.

Night Fire Dance is a fabulous song from the album - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOWAJlX2t5w
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Jeezy Creezy, kids! It says feel good music, not downer music. You have to know the difference, right?

Haha! But you know what though, sometimes those downer songs can be so powerful to the soul that they do actually make you feel better. Kind of like when you're so down that you just start balling, and then suddenly you feel better. It's like that good cry you just needed to get out of your system
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your feedback!!! There are a lot of artists on this list that I've never heard of, and I can't wait to look them up and find some new favorites!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    YES! Okay! So! For good for the soul I have: In my Mind by Amanda Palmer and Do You Swear To Tell The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth So Help You Black *kitten* by Amanda Palmer (There's gonna be a lot of Amanda Palmer here :P ) And Sing by The Dresden Dolls

For feel good like pumping up I have Want it Back by Amanda Palmer and Do It With A Rockstar by Amanda Palmer also... lots of The Offspring!

Pretty much most of Amanda Palmer's/The Dresden Dolls' music feels good for the soul. Even if it hurts, because it hurts sooo good. /fangirling

Not like @kathdela would be surprised by my echoing her fangirling, but quite a few of Amanda Palmer's/Dresden Dolls' songs get me going. The newest ones ("Do It with a Rockstar" and "Want It Back") have rockin' beats and make me want to dance (and/or fight :laugh:).

I would also suggest Scissor Sisters, more or less their entire catalog. They are a lot of fun and have a disco kind of feel to most of their tunes (they opened for Lady Gaga's tour last year, and my friends and I bought tickets to the show, but more to see them than Gaga). Lots of songs with good beats and some are just funny. They just released a new album ("Magic Hour") and it's got lots of good stuff, but my very favorite track by them is from a few years ago, "Filthy/Gorgeous" (it was the theme to the American version of Kath & Kim, if you remember that show).

I've started searching for "workout" playlists on Spotify and have found a few interesting ones, but need to get some new earphones so I can actually take them with me for a walk or whatever. I hear Pandora has some really good preset stations, and I would presume Slacker might as well (if nothing else, use their techno/trance stations).
  • kathdela
    Options

Not like @kathdela would be surprised by my echoing her fangirling, but quite a few of Amanda Palmer's/Dresden Dolls' songs get me going. The newest ones ("Do It with a Rockstar" and "Want It Back") have rockin' beats and make me want to dance (and/or fight :laugh:).

I would also suggest Scissor Sisters, more or less their entire catalog. They are a lot of fun and have a disco kind of feel to most of their tunes (they opened for Lady Gaga's tour last year, and my friends and I bought tickets to the show, but more to see them than Gaga). Lots of songs with good beats and some are just funny. They just released a new album ("Magic Hour") and it's got lots of good stuff, but my very favorite track by them is from a few years ago, "Filthy/Gorgeous" (it was the theme to the American version of Kath & Kim, if you remember that show).

I've started searching for "workout" playlists on Spotify and have found a few interesting ones, but need to get some new earphones so I can actually take them with me for a walk or whatever. I hear Pandora has some really good preset stations, and I would presume Slacker might as well (if nothing else, use their techno/trance stations).
    Girl Anachronism and Runs in the Family are THE BEST for cardio!