Wow! I'm glad I found you!

Options
Ok, so I'm searching on the internet to find nutritional information on the creamer I put in my coffee in the morning because I keep a food log to help me lose weight. I get a food database page in the search enginer that leads me here.

After looking around....this is a fantastic site! Exactly what I need.

I am a working mother of 2 kids with a SAHD husband. I have been overweight most of my life and decided last year that I'm sick of it and if I don't change I'm going to be in the same boat as my mother and father with their health issues....I know, this is most people's story isn't it?

Last summer, my husband also starting having issues with his heart (atrial fibrillations) and until we found out what was going on, we got scared about BOTH of our futures.

So anyway, me and my husband started out by walking and eating better. We had a "biggest loser" competition with another married couple and we won that the beginning of January '09. I was down 35 pounds, he was down 40 or so. I have maitained that weight loss now for 8 months but need to kick it in gear and lose the last 60. My husband however, has gained his back. :ohwell:

I will be using this site religiously I think and will be telling him about it as well. I look foward to meeting more people in the same boat as me, getting the pep talks I need, and satisfying my neurotic left brain with the food and exercise databases available here!

Hello everyone! :bigsmile:

Replies

• new_Kendra
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! You will love it here. I have 60 pounds to lose also. I am part of the "Looking Good For Christmas" group. You should check us out. Lots of good support and weekly weigh in's. Good luck to you!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Welcome! You will find tons of support from the people here. I wish you well in your journey to losing the last 60.:wink:
  • HeatherMMB
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: it is a great site :drinker: :drinker:

You will find lots of different groups you can hook up with and lots and lots of support!!

good luck with your jouney - it will be worth it! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    H
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: