Polar F6: batteries died - options?

Options
YepLilly
YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
So, the batteries in my polar F6 died :(

The manual says the only way to get them replaced is by shipping the watch to Polar. I'm wondering if I have any other options, like replacing them at a Radioshack or by myself or something else? Looking for less expensive options. Thanks!

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Look up a company called Creative Health Products -- I believe its chponline.com.

They are the largest Polar services in the USA. Replacing the batteries is not that expensive --$12-$15 bucks and they will inspect the unit as well. You can call them and talk about the repair service if you want more details. Takes roughly 2 wks. For me, the best option.
  • YepLilly
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I will check them out.

I was hoping for a local alternative. I might end up buying the battery and changing it myself though.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I will check them out.

I was hoping for a local alternative. I might end up buying the battery and changing it myself though.

It's not usually recommended for an F6--there is a seal in battery compartment that has to be replaced. You can call CHP and see what they have to say. Maybe things have changed.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    do a google search as there might be watch/jewelry repair place in your area where you can take it to them and they can do it in the store while you wait
  • YepLilly
    Options
    Thank you for the replies, I will give both options a try.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    my batter just died. did u replace urs yet?
  • Barbidoll1175
    Options
    Funny how I just came across this! My F6 batteries are dying! I got online this morning to see about replacing them and everywhere I read that neither the watch nor the transmitter on the F6 are the batteries user replaceable. It must be sent back to a Polar repair facility for replacement....at a cost of $75!!! Uh, cheaper to get a new one!! I've been searching online to see what my next HRM monitor would be and I had decided on the Polar F4. Then my friend mentioned to me about this new little gadget called the Fitbit. I've been reading up on it and it sounds very interesting, even thought it doesn't track heart rate, it's more just a calorie burn counter, which is all I really need anyway. My only concern is that it is not water/sweat proof. I teach Zumba classes and I sweat A LOT during class. This of course is the main time when I want to see how many calories I have burned. I read on another blog that she puts her Fitbit in a snack size plastic bag and then into her hip pouch when she runs to keep it from getting wet, but I'm just not sure how that will work to wear while teaching a class.
  • nolachick
    Options
    i don't think they would charge $75 to replace your battery!

i found this link yesterday and was thinking about sending my watch here"

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/support/service

https://support.polar.fi/service/pscsprereg.nsf/starting?openForm

Polar Electro Inc.
    1111 Marcus Avenue
    Suite M15
    Lake Success, NY 11042-1034
  • nolachick
    Options
    ok i just called my nearest service center in texas.
    its $12.95 battery + $5 shipping.

they said to send your watch and chest strap so they can test them. :)

sending mine today!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    FYI i got my watch back in the mail. only spent $12.95 for the new battery and $6 shipping and i'm very happy with the results.
    :smile:
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 battery died any suggestions, will this be the same recs.?

thanks in advance!
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I both recently got Polar FT4's, bumping for reference. =)
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I always just take mine to the jewelry store and they change the batteries for me.
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I replaced my own batteries in the Polar F4 from ones purchased at Radio Shack. It was easy enough, I thought.
  • sw0301
    sw0301 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For the strap, the back wouldn't come off of my FT4 transmitter, so ordered the Polor H1 strap that's made with an easily replaceable battery! :)

As for the watch itself, any jewelry store will be able to replace the battery. I actually do mine. The type of battery needed should be printed on the back of your watch.

Wasn't sure which of your batteries did so I figured I'd help with both!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    For the strap, the back wouldn't come off of my FT4 transmitter, so ordered the Polor H1 strap that's made with an easily replaceable battery! :)

Really? I had to replace both my batteries on the F4 and didn't have any issues with the strap section. It twisted right off with the help of a quarter. Mine might be an older model though (about 3.5 years old).
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Go to your local jeweler or watchmaker. That's where I get mine replaced. It cost 15 dollars to get it done in NYC
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all recs. Radio shack sounds like a great choice. Much appreciated!
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I bought an FT7 just for the fact I can change it myself...
  • healthdoc55
    Options
    I just replaced my own battery, Small phillips screwdriver, to take the 4 little screws off and remove the back plate. Keep it in the same orientation to put back on. There is a metal clip over the battery. Use a small screwdriver to pry out the bottom of the clip and release the battery. Pry battery out and replace with CR 2032 battery. ( used DL 2032 that worked fine) Put neg side up. Push clip back down and it snaps back in. Replace back and your done. Got battery at ACE hardware for 3 bucks. Hopew this helps.