Can't get rid of the belly fat - help please? :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Rommel_V wrote: »
    Just continue with the program, studies show that the last part to thin out is the abdominal area, and take note that it's not just the subcutaneous fat that is in there but also the omental fat.

Thanks for explaining that. I've lost 12 pounds. My chest is 2" bigger from exercise, my hips an 1" smaller but my waist the same. My thighs are thinner too. I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing.

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Limit potatoes, bananas, white bread, white rice, and pasta

NEVER
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    unfortunately the belly fat is often the last thing to go. i've lost 90 pounds, 7 inches off my waist, 8 inches off my chest at the bra line but only 2 inches around my belly, which actually looks bigger because the rest of me is smaller.

just keep going - you're doing great so far. eat at a deficit and build muscle, and eventually your belly will shrink.
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had lost 112 pounds and still had belly fat. Everywhere else was nearly skin and bones! I have lost only 3 more pounds but it is finally my stomach that is going. So I totally agree that the stomach is the last to go! Keep up the good work!
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is why I keep changing my goal weight! Because every time I hit my goal the stupid belly is still there. I am hoping that THIS time I got it right. If it doesn't happen this time? I am going to resolve to love my belly the way it is and go on maintainance. I have been doing this *kitten* for more than a year, VERY slowly so that once I get it off I can KEEP it off. No more crash dieting and unrealistic expectations for me. 50 gone, 15 to go.