slowly going off course

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
imma chalk it up as the 127lbs marker...for some reason when i hit 127lbs i start straying off course... and it has started again..ive been going out to eat more versuses not going out to eat at all...ive also cut back my fruit snacks and have replaced them with useless calories that arent really good for me and i havent eaten chicken breast at all this week :ohwell: whhhhy do i do this?? :brokenheart:

Replies

• amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    I do the same thing! When I see a drop in weight (I am within 8 pounds of my goal weight) I start to slack off... kind of feel like 'hey, im this close, why not'.... it happens everytime!! arg... and I know I am doing it, but it still happens... :grumble: :grumble: :explode:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    I do the same thing! When I see a drop in weight (I am within 8 pounds of my goal weight) I start to slack off... kind of feel like 'hey, im this close, why not'.... it happens everytime!! arg... and I know I am doing it, but it still happens... :grumble: :grumble: :explode:
    it sucks and i have no idea what to do about it...its almost like i cant control myself :cry: we should maybe start an almost there group and have specific challenges lol
  • looseit4life
    looseit4life Posts: 3 Member
    I think it is totally normal to think that way, this is when you really need to stay focused and get back on track. Tell yourself you are not going self sabotage all the hard work you have done to this point. Remmeber this is a lifestyle change it has to last forever.... if you don't keep up all your healthy habits the weight will just start coming back and you will be back at square one.
    Re focus, when you are tempted to go off track think about how you felt at your old weight and how you feel now. Trust me I have been there soooo many times. Re gain your thoughts and I can't say this enough, its a life long change, not just another diet.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    I had a girl from work the other day tell me hey Tamara when you feel like you wanna gain the weight back or dont want to do it anymore let me get on your back since you have lost how much I weigh, I carried her for a few steps and I was like ok get off, I dont know how I carried that much weight a round for that long.

Dont get off track its not worth it...
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    I had a girl from work the other day tell me hey Tamara when you feel like you wanna gain the weight back or dont want to do it anymore let me get on your back since you have lost how much I weigh, I carried her for a few steps and I was like ok get off, I dont know how I carried that much weight a round for that long.

Dont get off track its not worth it...

This is a great way to keep motivating you, almost the same thing happened to me. I have lost about 20 pounds since having my son (my ticker says less cause that is when I joined MFP) well my son now weighs a little over 20 pounds and the other day I forgot his stroller when we went to the mall so I ended up carrying him most of the time (he can walk, but he can also run really fast and I didn't want to be chasing him everywhere) I was so exhausted by the end of the trip and then my hubby pointed out to me that I used to carry that amount around all the time. I couldn't believe it and how much of a difference 20 pounds is.

By the way Way to Go!!! familygirl that is amazing to see how much you have lost and very motivating for me! How long has it taken you?
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    It took me 11 months and 5 days to get to goal weight. I started my journey on Aug 17 2008 and reached goal weight of 150 by July 22 2009. I was proud of myself I said I wanted to be at goal weight by aug 17 and I almost did it a month early, I may celebrate on Aug 17 just to mark my year of a change life, you know the first year of anything is the hardest. Running your own business, marriage, and weight loss, and I have concuqered all of those.

We own our own business and have for 6 years

Been married for 8 years

Almost reached the one year mark of weight loss journey!!!

Nothing can hold me back now I can do anythign I put my mind too!!!!
This discussion has been closed.