Fell off the wagon!!!

Options
I am not gaining weight just kinda lost my mojo :sad: What inspired you to get back on...Looking for motivation or advice. :smile:

Replies

• sara00110
    sara00110 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi my name is Sara Waresback and I am an Independent Beachbody Coach. I have fallen off the wagon multiple times and what helped me the most was joining a support group. I ended up losing 30 lbs and then creating my own team! We share photos, and recipes, and even daily and weekly challenges. It's free and it's on facebook if you're interested. I would love to help you get past this and I'll ask for nothing in return. It's just something I love to do!
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    I need help in this area too! Hopefully there are some folks out there that can help us!
  • pink09diamonds
    Options
    Hey I've been the same recently aswell.
    I just did my grocery shopping today but before I planned my whole week of breakfast, lunch and dinners and bought exactly what was on my menu planner so I wont go overboard if it's in the house maybe you should try it :)
    It's also a great way of saving money :)
    Good luck and were all here to help :smile:
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Realizing I still have muffin top, stomach still isnt flat, and hips are still 43.5 inches around was enough for me to get really ticked off with myself and get back on track....it's not easy, but it's going to be worth it in a few months when I'm down to goal weight :happy:

GOOD LUCK!!! You can do it! Just remember it's mind over matter.
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm a bit the same. Hit a plateau, not gaining or losing, need to shake things up but lost the will a bit. To be fair I had surgery so haven't been able to train for the last month, but the plateau dates back to last October! I just feel stuck.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. i also signed up for stickk.com which had me set a goal, put money on the line and select a "referee" to keep me accountable. So far its had me lose 8lbs... I haven' t been able to do that in 2 years because I suck at keeping myself accountable. Get some momentum going, get one good meal, one good day, plan and track and go grocery shopping. Make a list of all the reasons you want to do this. Good luck!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my husband will notice that I'm wandering from my plan and very nicely make a comment about it. When he is picking up on it and actually saying something about it I wake up and realize I'm doing a big no-no eating those S'mores! Then I go look in the mirror and my closet and think about how I want smaller pants I want my belly to not hang over them. He is my coach with all of this. I probably wouldn't have made it to this point if not for him.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Don't wait for motivation.

Just keep going. "Motivation" will follow.

edit to add: Or... you could pretend you're preparing for the zombie apocalypse.
  • juanitajohnston
    juanitajohnston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me three! I've totally fell off the wagon, losing my motivation and momentum. *sigh* I was hoping to find some new ideas for getting back on the horse, or wagon.
  • CarrieMyPhilos
    CarrieMyPhilos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've found that I do better if I don't think about it as "falling off the wagon," so much as having a bad couple of days (or however long). That doesn't undo the good you've done before (even if you do gain weight back, those healthy days are healthy days forever), and every day is a new day. When I get discouraged, I try to stop thinking about the future, or long-term goals and focus just on getting through Today in a healthy way. Shorter goals like that help to encourage and spurn me on.

You can do this!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    My motivation is my health, and wonderful friends I have met on here who push me, motive me and keep me on my toes. Feel free to add me for support if any of you would like....
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who recently lost a lot of weight and looks fabulous. I want to look fabulous. So I started coming here every day and rejoined my old gym. Since I'm the competitive type, I keep at it because I want to keep up with (and maybe even do better than) everyone else. My gym uses the Fitlinxx system to track workouts and every day you can see where you rank in the facility among the other Fitlinxx users. That keeps me going also - I want to move up in those standings!

Good luck to you! I hope you find some inspiration here and are able to haul yourself back up onto the wagon!! :flowerforyou:
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I have been on this journey a very long time. Lost a lot of weight with Adkins, gained it back plus; lost a lot of weight with Metabolic Research Center, gained it all back plus; Did well on my own another time, but 'fell off the wagon' and quit.

This time, I restarted due to health issues that wouldn't be put off. I also hired a trainer. I work with her 6 sessions a month (because that is all I can afford). For those weeks where I have been sick, or unmotivated for whatever reason - and previously would have been a point I might have stopped or at least had a significant set back, now I have someone in person I am accountable to. I also remind myself that it is for my overall health, not ALL about the scale moving.

Try and remember, or better yet write down, why you started you journey. What you REALLY felt like just before you started, and what are those goals you are striving for!!

You got this!!!!! The wagon is right here, ready for you to leap back on!!

Good Luck!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon this past weekend...what has got me back and motivated is just being on this site and posting replies to topics. I see all the success people have had and it motivates me and I added some motivation messages myself. I have a blog where I listed my goals. I looked at them again today and that also helped me motivate. The best motivation for me is even thought I ate poorly over the weekend I logged it ALL. Now I can see it and say look those two days didn't kill me but if I don't get back on track I'll start gaining weight so thats my motiviation.

Someone posted a quote here that has been running thru my head a lot today, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" To me that equates to a few months ago when I was on track and I was under 230lbs i remember walking around the office in a pair of jeans and they were "loose" and i remember feeling...wow I really feel comfortable with my body...
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I realize 50+ pounds is not something I want to carry around again.....it just isn't an option for me. :)
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I saw myself going back to where I came from.....I will not let that happen. 1 or 2 pounds do not bother me, but I put 5 back on and it pissed me off.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I posted this for my mfp friends the other day....

Thought for today...so many people seem frustrated this week with their gains/losses, ect. And I just want to say...Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither were you. That extra weight you're carrying, the bad eating habits, the self destructive behaviors (and we all have them)....those things didn't happen overnight. Many of us have been perfecting "fat" as a lifestyle for a long, long time. If you haven't given up in spite of a bad day or a bad week, if you've made just a few good choices in a week of bad ones, if you changed one old habit or are doing one thing differently then you are doing great. We can't reasonably expect to be different after 20+ years after doing something because we've decided to be. So, even if your scale didn't switch or your measurements stayed the same...you're still building something new, and you're doing great. Changes will happen, we just have to remember it took time to get here...it will take time to get to where we want to be as well. Hang in there everyone!
  • drayNOTdre
    drayNOTdre Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Look up the group, Eat More 2 Weigh Less. Lots of helpful topics and support. Call me inspired. :happy:
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You are your worst enemy! It boils down to how much do you really want to get to your goal. Everyone has challenges.
    It's how you pick yourself up and continue on that makes a difference. Don't skip that workout- whether it's a class or DVD or even a walk around the block. Make better food choices. Everything adds up in the end in this journey.

Meet Arthur Boorman and see his story: http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448

If this isn't motivation enough, I don't know what else would.
  • MrsFierce
    MrsFierce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get bored easily, so with the weather getting better I'm taking my workouts outdoors. :) So far on my days off coming up I have a hiking trip planned, pool day with friends, and kayak rental lined up at one of the state parks. Good luck to you and have fun!