Hi!!

Options
203MrsB
203MrsB Posts: 18 Member
I am 26 with 3 kids and lost 98lbs so far on WW, I figured their new program isn't working as well (i.e. free fruits and veggies) so in hindsight they aren't free if they have calories. I keep hearing great things about this website so I want to give it a go and be more in control of other things besides points like carb and fat intake, etc...

A question though what is this TDEE? I set my carbs at 40% and my fat and protein at 30% Is that what it means I keep hearing people doing this and not sure of what it us to jump start someone who hit a plateau.

Thanks so much
More then welcome to add me, I could always use more friends of encouragement and support!! :)

Replies

• julibug22
    julibug22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome!

TDEE is your Total Daily Energy Expenditure- it's your basal metabolic rate (what your body needs just to live and function) plus additional calories according to your daily activity level- basically it's the amount of calories you would need to maintain your current weight. For people trying to lose weight, the website recommends using TDEE-15% to calculate the calories you need to lose weight. Use the calculator on the website below to calculate your BMR and TDEE, as well as TDEE-15%.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

So, for example, based on my height, weight, gender etc., my BMR is around 1500. But since I do intense workouts 6 days a week, for 60-120 minutes, my TDEE is 2700. Therefore, my TDEE-15% is 2300.

This is all pretty new for me too; I'm in the process of trying to accept the fact that since I exercise so frequently and so intensely, I need more calories than I was consuming through WW, and am currently trying to up my caloric intake to the recommended 2300.

There are also threads on here on MFP about Eating More to Weigh Less (EM2WL), explaining these concepts more fully.

Hope this was helpful.. and congrats on your weight loss so far! Way to go!
  • pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome,

I tried the new WW after losing heaps on the old points system. It takes a while to get your head around the new system. I stuck to it for about a month but since then have been using myfitnesspal. I find that having to record what goes in your mouth seems to work for me.

I am looking for a few friends to keep me honest.

Pam
  • pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Julibug - I have a BMR of 1400 and a TDEE or 2150. So using your calc I should have about 1800 a day.