NROLW Help...Tried forum and trying here.

Options
Aprill42
Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
Ok, so first off, Im trying to start Stage 1 Workout A.

I was shown this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc#gid=0

It is listing workouts 1-8, what are those?? It cant be 8 different sets of squats? or pushups? etc.

I understand I have to alternate between the two alternating sets (push up, seated row)..correct? Like go back and forth between those two until the sets are done.

Also, what were ya'lls calories intake on and off days? I did the calculations in the book and for the no workout I got 1978 and active workout I got 2242, so do I just pick something between those numbers? or I use the 1978 calories on my off days and 2242 when I work out?

Please help as I am sooo confused. The spreadsheet helped by breaking it down but then i got confused with the workouts 1-8 things.

Thanks!

Replies

• jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There are Stages 1 - 7.
    For Stage 1 there is a workout A and a workout B. Each Workout you do 8 times.
    Here is how it would work if you did the workouts Monday Wednesday Friday

Monday Stage1 Workout A1
    Wednesday Stage 1 Workout B1
    Friday Stage 1 Workout A2
    Monday Stage 1 Workout B2
    Wednesday Stage 1 Workout A3 and so on

Looking at your Sheet you want to do Everything on the first tab of the sheet that says Workout 1 there are 5 different exercises for 1 workout.
  • Aprill42
    Options
    Ohhh and then the next time I do that workout (which would be Friday if I did it Monday) I would record it on workout 2. And thats where the 8 different workouts come from?
  • jenschnack
    Options
    yes I think you got it now.
  • jenschnack
    Options
    I did the workout that starts with Squats workout A yesterday. I will do the workout that starts with Deadlifts tomorrow. I am only doing 2 workouts a week. Monday I will do Squats workout again
  • Aprill42
    Options
    How many cals do you intake on workout and non workout days?
  • jenschnack
    Options
    I am 29
    5'2"
    I did what the book said for awhile and then I tried cutting 300 calories from that. Now I am trying to net 1400. I have gone up and down from 147-151 since I started NROLW.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    How many cals do you intake on workout and non workout days?
    i didnt follow their plan and just ate pretty much the same amount each day. i really cant be bothered with being that insane with my calorie count that it's different for every day of the week.

i also went by what my body told me. in general i get hungrier on my non lifting days than my lifting days
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I use the book calculation for my non-lifting days (w/300-cal. deficit) as my MFP base. I re-set my macros to 40% carbs, 30% protein & 30% fat. Then I eat back exercise calories to eat more on workout days than non-workout days. :)
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Thanks for explaining the 8 workouts thing. I didn't get it either. The charts were confusing without knowing what the data labels were trying to say.