Hello

Options
My name is Laura, I am from NS Canada. I have been looking for a group to join to get some support or just someone to talk to about my weight and battles that come along with it. I don't have anyone in my life that has to deal with these weight issues. I hate being this way (300lbs). Especially when nobody around me understands my struggles.

Replies

• teal2111
    teal2111 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome Laura! I am new as well. So far (only started yesterday) I love this site and all that it has to offer. Good Luck in your weight loss journey!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I understand being 300#. But I know that you can succeed! Make your journey fun and it won't feel like work!

~BobbieJo
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: My name is Laura too.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Bless you! You can do this! This is the right place for you because this site is based on using good common sense when losing weight in the 1-2 lb range per week!

I was surprised at just how 'doable' this 'program' is. Your allowed calories will go down as you slim down, but it's much easier to do it that way than to just start a 1200 calorie diet cold turkey!

And in addition you will find some very wise folks here who are always happy to give you advice, and support! It's a great place!

Welcome!