Best VEGAN protein powder?

Options

Replies

• SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im also in Austraia, I use a product called Nitrofusion, its a multisourced protein (pea, artichoke and brown rice).

I bought it because its high protein and low carb and calorie: 136cal, 25g protein and fairly low carb 5g per serve (4g sugar)

I've tried the Chocolate and vanilla versions and i quite like it.
  • VeggieFace
    VeggieFace Posts: 56
    Options
    Garden of Life - Raw Protein Powder. Best ever. It's vegan and also raw (if you couldn't tell by the name ;) Blends well and tastes good with greens.

Seconded. My doc recommended it for me, and I haven't looked back.

I use this too! I like it
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I use Manitoba Harvest!
  • TheCakeLover
    TheCakeLover Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For those who like Sunwarrior could you please add what flavours you like...

I have the "natural" one and its chalky for me. Its also the only brand I have tried, so are others even more chalky?

Also, would blending it for longer reduce the chalkiness? (I would try it, but no blender at the moment)
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    YES VEGA is delicious! I'm not a big fan of the Vanilla Chai complete whole food powder but the chocolate is wonderful. I use GOOD Hemp Protein powder and also chuck in some Greens Plus and Maca powder from Naturya. Good luck!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I just bought some Sun Warrior based on recs and I don't like it. Chalky and phony-sweet-vanilla-y.
  • TheCakeLover
    TheCakeLover Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just bought some Sun Warrior based on recs and I don't like it. Chalky and phony-sweet-vanilla-y.

So that's two for chalky, one for the natural and one for the vanilla....

I'm thinking of baking with the sunwarrior and getting a different brand for shakes...
  • monsterfitness
    Options
    Plantfusion... without a doubt!
  • racmar0208
    racmar0208 Posts: 16
    Options
    I use Garden Of Life's Raw Protein. I like it alot, but I haven't tried anything else either.
    Flavorless, but slightly chalky, as I figure most are. 80 cal per scoop with included probiotics.
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like Pea Protein so far since it is soy free, but I'm still trying out various brands to find the best one.
  • daniel1hp
    daniel1hp Posts: 18
    Options
    You guys should all try going on http://veganproteinpowders.net, they have really good reviews
  • JulieisaC
    JulieisaC Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like the VegaOne nutrition shake. I actually think the chocolate flavor is ... too chocolatey... weird huh? And I'm a chocolaholic. But this shake made me feel energized and kept me full from breakfast well into lunch. I will probably end up purchasing the berry flavor though since the chocolate was overwhelming.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I'm considering adding a protein shake on the days I do strength training, now that I'm shifting my focus from only "fat loss" to muscle building as well. There are SO many protein powders on the market, it's dizzying. What's the best, in your opinion or experience, vegan protein powder for a woman? If it matters, I'd probably mix it with almond milk.

Hemp protein.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If you want to save $, you could also go with a non-commercial brand and custom mix your own vegan powder through here:

http://www.truenutrition.com/

They have non-GMO brown rice, hemp, pea and non-GMO soy powders.
  • CarlosVeggieStyle
    Options
    Hi there,

I started to be vegetarian since I am 14 years old, later I stopped also to take any milk and eggs so that I became vegan - So I am plant based since 28 years, because of my hobby, the weightlifting, I get asked many times like any vegan, about where do I get my protein form, I don’t know why meat eaters always believe that it is difficult to get protein on a plant based diet – I don’t have any problem - and it is a fact, that vegans get even better and more healthier protein – My to sources are: Lupine, Legumes, Spinaches and broccoli, nuts and of course I love to combine Pea and Rice as this offers the best available amino acid profile. Beside I like to take also each day 2-3 vegan protein shakes from www.veggie-style.com – this is Since I decided to burn body fat and reduce my body weight from 143 Kg to now 113 kg, I started to use also protein shakes, as they make it easy for me to don’t eat after my second meal at midday but I still get all the nutrients with the POWER GREEN SHAKE from VEGGIE STYLE – they have all natural and 100% vegan supplements.
    VEGGIE STYLE – they several vegan and 100% plant based protein shakes and powders with chocolate and vanilla flavor, all natural and made from pea and rice protein isolate. They also have a very good vegan protein shake formula which includes also many plant super foods such as Moringa, Spirulina, Maca, Hemp, Qunioa, Chlorella and more – I love this one, as this is the one I use and it really gives me an extra power, and what I like is, that it is completely natural and it contains in a natural and chemical way all nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants etc – from so much Spirulina, hemp and moringa it turns the water directly into a nutrition dense power green shake – I love www.veggie-style.com for me it is a brand made from vegan for vegan with completely natural. Just have a look on the web of VEGGIE-STYLE in http://www.veggie-style.com.
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I settled down with Now brand Pea Protein powder. It is the cheapest OK tasting vegan protein powder I could find.

I also mix it with almond milk, banana & strawberry as a smoothie.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I use my protein pea isolate, it's pretty nasty just mixed with water but I have it blizted with yoghurt and a banana and some cinnamon for taste. It's apparently better added to stews, soups etc too.

Comparatively very cheap, no added sugar, sweetners or crap like that and good numbers on the protein hit I think a scoop is about 28g of pn and 130 calories.

I'm not vegan by the way, I just don't want to have whey or anything flavoured so this works for me.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like Rainbow Light Protein Energizer. I love the chocolate, but the vanilla is actually good too (a lot of vanilla-flavoured things taste too sweet or chemical-y to me). It's in the MFP database, so you can check out the stats.

No gluten, yeast, milk, eggs, soy, nuts, or fish products. It's brown rice protein-based, and its one of the only powders that doesn't upset my stomach.

Vega tastes good and has gotten popular recently, but my guts get extremely uncomfortable after drinking it (my coworker had the same reaction).

If you can, try out small packets (usually $2-3 and found at supplement or health food stores) of different brands before committing to a larger purchase. Even if the ingredients and macros look good, it may taste yucky or not sit well with you.
  • davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Do you mind telling me why you don't want whey, if you are not opposed to animal products? I'm new to the world of protein enhancement and I haven't heard this comment yet.

Edit: Sorry, this comment was directed at pinktoesjb.