Healthy lunches for work?

Options
I work as at a front desk. And I was just wondering what are some good healthy lunches to take to work. We have a fridge and microwave available. And I know I can bring leftovers. But other then that what are some easy quick lunch ideas I can bring with me.

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches are always easy. Smart Ones frozen lunches are decent but I wouldn't recommend them regularly. Leftovers of course...that's what I do most of the time. Salads.
  • andreabrightside
    Options
    I get a container of veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, baby carrots, peas... whatever is on sale) and a small thing of dip. Depending on your diet goals/requirements, sandwiches/wraps/pitas. Salads are good too. Mixed nuts, something with peanut butter/nut butter, or something like that for protein.
  • sdalhover
    sdalhover Posts: 7
    Options
    I suggest making things in batches such as chili, soup, etc.

An easy chili recipe is to take two 15 oz cans of either kidney or pinto beans (or one of each )and mix it with one 28 oz can of diced tomatoes. Get them simmering and find some chili spices or just buy the Vegetarian Chili mix from Simply Organic and mix it in. Then just simmer until you reach the desired thickness.

My recipe is listed below and yields 6 servings. I also added 2/3 cup Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) for some bulk. I then separated them into 6 different containers and froze them. Pulling them out daily as needed.

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Whole Foods 365 Organic - Organic Pinto Beans, 1 container (1 3/5 cup (130g) ea.) 293 62 0 16
    365 Organic - Kidney Beans, 1 container (1 1/2 cups ea.) 330 57 0 24
    Whole Food's 365 - Diced Tomatoes, Organic, 1 container (28 oz) 150 36 0 6
    Simply Organic - Vegetarian Chili Seasoning, 1 container (12 tsp ea.) 90 18 0 6
    Wholefoods--Net Carbs - Texturized Vegetable Protein (Bulk), 0.666 cup 120 2 0 22

Total: 983 175 0 74
    Per Serving: 164 29 0 12

The recipe is followed is actually on the back of the Simply Organic Vegetarian Chili powder mix....good luck!
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Egg / Tuna Salad
    Wraps
    Sandwiches (peanut butter & banana are my favourite, weird I know!)
    Soup
    Nuts/Berries are good too.