What are the effects of going over on macros?

Options
Like everyone I usually go over on sugar as it is found in all sorts especially fruit etc. Not to worried about this.

I do have a fair share of fat, usually the good fats though and have started going over on fat since my allowance has reduced. Today I have gone over on sugar (which I normally do) but more worryingly I have gone over by 20 on the fat. I have plenty of calories left for today.

Will I still loose weight but maybe loose a bit of lean muscle in its place?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Macros do not matter as much if you do not have a health condition that mandates a certain level.

You lose weight because of a deficit and for no other reason. Some lose faster on low carb some don't. Some lose faster on high fat and some don't. The point that they share is they all lose weight and it is with the deficit that they do that.

If you Doctor recommends you limit your fat then you should follow their recommendation but going over will not affect any loss of weight.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I think sticking reasonably close to macros is fairly important, especially if you're working out and eating at a defecit. You don't want to be too low in protein, you want enough carbs to fuel your workout, and you want enough fat for nervous function and satiety. You don't want to shortchange anything.