HELP! My ring doesn't fit -- and the wedding is Saturday!

Options
I tried on my wedding band a few weeks ago -- snug, but no problem slipping on or off. Today, I couldn't get it over my knuckle without forcing. I haven't had as much time to cook lately, so I'm probably bloated (too much cereal and processed foods, not enough water or workouts).

How can I lose a ring size FAST? My wedding is Saturday!

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Don't stress. It's more than likely water retention and fingers swell in heat; if it's hot where you are. :) Watch your sodium intake and drink lots of water. Don't stress! Sometimes it just happens. I got married on the 4th of July and it was hot but my ring fit loose that morning. By the the time the ceremony happened my nerves got the best of me and he had trouble putting the ring on. Oh well!
  • Nina2723
    Nina2723 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't know about losing a size, but when i got married i was told to put a small amount of vasilne on the insides of the rings just before the ceremony. It worked like a charm and we managed to slip them on no problem. If you try this just becareful afterwards and wipe it off when you get a chance so you don't lose it.
    You can also try chilling your finger with ice before hand to reduce swelling, but it's not always so pleasent and sometime warms up before its time
    Also if you go to a jewely store they can usually stretch the ring a size and half to a full size on site. My hubby just had his done for like 35 bucks and went up a size, and had it cleaned and buffed out all the marks from wearing it at work. It took them 15 minutes to do.

Hope you find a way to make it work. and congrats on the up coming wedding
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Cut the sodium down and drink lots of water to flush it out:smile:
  • MemphisMarly
    MemphisMarly Posts: 215
    Options
    Wow! Y'all rock! Thanks for all the suggestions so quickly. I'll try to lose some of this water weight, and I appreciate all your suggestions for how to make my fingers smaller and/or make my ring bigger.
    Also if you go to a jewely store they can usually stretch the ring a size and half to a full size on site. My hubby just had his done for like 35 bucks and went up a size, and had it cleaned and buffed out all the marks from wearing it at work. It took them 15 minutes to do.
    How neat! I had no idea they could stretch the rings. It is gold, not a hard metal, so that may work.