This was GRRRREEAATTT - like Tony the Tiger!

Options
mszSHOGAN
mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
So, for the latter half of July I had given myself numerous excuses to not work out as much as I should. Needless to say I probably worked out like twice in three weeks :grumble:

Last week I had enough and said "NO MORE" so I went to my spinning class. Since that is when I normally weigh myself (but hadn't in 3 weeks) I decided to weigh myself despite the probable added pounds. I thought it would give me motivation to get back on track if I literally saw all my hard work being shot down the crapper. So I got on the scale and had....get this - I LOST 5 POUNDS! WHAT?!?! This just goes to show me that so much of my weight has added on due to bad food choices. Even when I don't exercise as much as I know I should, I ALWAYS stay with my proper eating and this is proof that it really works! :drinker:

Replies

• Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats on the 5 lbs, I am a true believer in the power of a clean healthy diet, and your proof!!!
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Bella!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    This is great news, particularly for me.

I don't do the hyper active cardio that a lot of you do, and I've been worried about that. I walk, and I walk and run up and down the stair well at work during lunch, but it's no spin class!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options

I don't do the hyper active cardio that a lot of you do, and I've been worried about that. I walk, and I walk and run up and down the stair well at work during lunch, but it's no spin class!!

A co-worker (who started with MFP when I did) also doesn't do the intense cardio workouts but has STILL lost 30 pounds. Its possible to still be successful with daily activity exercise! Keep it up - and remember, SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING! :wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
    I've been afraid to stop exercising, since I love to eat so much! My legs have been bothering me though, so maybe I'll take a few days off and see what happens. Now watch, I'll probably find what you just "lost"! :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

A co-worker (who started with MFP when I did) also doesn't do the intense cardio workouts but has STILL lost 30 pounds. Its possible to still be successful with daily activity exercise! Keep it up - and remember, SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING! :wink:

I've never been one for killing myself either when it comes to exercise. My exercising has always been dancing to my oldies, walking, and jogging with my Wii Fit. :wink: :smile:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yahooo!!! What a nice surprise eh? :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    BRAVO Girl, for being on Auto-Pilot! :laugh: :laugh:

BTW: I went to a spinning class for the first time last nite. Actually half a class.
    I tried to take a peek, and the instructor insisted I come in! Eeek.... fun!
    Was a really good warm-up for turbo kick boxing. Knees??? :grumble:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Yahooo!!! What a nice surprise eh? :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    BRAVO Girl, for being on Auto-Pilot! :laugh: :laugh:

BTW: I went to a spinning class for the first time last nite. Actually half a class.
    I tried to take a peek, and the instructor insisted I come in! Eeek.... fun!
    Was a really good warm-up for turbo kick boxing. Knees??? :grumble:

I :heart: SPINNING! When I first began my weight loss journey it really helped me kick my first 20 pounds, which put me on track to where I needed to be. Its GREAT cardio! Since then I've started running but I spice it up about once a week with a spinning class and I always feel it in the morning. Which is a good thing! That kick boxing sounds fun! Thats one class my Y doesn't have.....:angry:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!