HUNGER GAMES

Options
jeaniedev
jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
Have you all read the books.???? I finished #1 in a day and am 50% through #2....
WOW now I know what all the craze was about, I can not put the book down!!!

Replies

• llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Hunger Games books.
  • purplegherkin
    purplegherkin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm half way through book two too. Was teasing my bf when he was reading them coz they are aimed at 13 year olds but they are fantastic :D
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yep, I just finished all three a few weeks ago. :-) I still have yet to see the movie!
  • purplegherkin
    purplegherkin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The film is good too!
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I only read the first 2 - and half of the 3rd (which was awful)
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have so much love for that series. Made me fall in love with Dystopian fiction. :heart:
  • coolgyrly
    coolgyrly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Defiantly! I'm super bummed b/c i just finished the series....really good books!
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I cant read them....dont make me try!! I accidently got tricked into reading the stupid Twilight series and read them all and I am still suffering the trauma and embarassment at having to admit that!

Jess
  • SaintsK
    SaintsK Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It took me a week to get through all three of them, and while I loved the first one, and really liked the second one. . . the third one was just kind of meh. Actually, near the end it crossed the line of Meh into . . . i hate you. But, the first two I loved!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have read them all, I really liked them. I can't wait to see the movie.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I cant read them....dont make me try!! I accidently got tricked into reading the stupid Twilight series and read them all and I am still suffering the trauma and embarassment at having to admit that!

Jess

Hunger Games is nothing like Twilight.

I loved the books and the film! I know Jennifer Lawrence was somewhat controversial when she was cast but I thought she was brilliant. I basically sobbed from the reaping scene to the end of the movie.
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I really loved the first two, but the last one was awful, ruined the whole series for me.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Loved the Hunger Games too....another great series is "The Missing Series" book one is called "Found"
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have read them all ... seen the movie ... possibly reading them again ... lol
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Read all 3! They are great. My son was reading them and wanted to see movie. I love to read and NEVER watch a movie before a book. However, the movie is fantastic!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    definitely a fun series and i agree with others above the 3rd book just seemed off. like it was rushed or something.
  • cfieds
    cfieds Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOVE the series -- but definitely needed to decompress after each book.

I was naughty and kept staying up WAY too late to read them, I haven't been sucked into a book like that in years. It was great.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    right?! i gave in a few weeks back...read all 3 in a week!
  • charmingtrouble
    charmingtrouble Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine recommended I read them 3 years ago, but at that time I was into more romances and mysteries, so after I saw the trailer for the movie and after all the hype, she let me borrow her personal copy of the series haha, went through them in 2 days and then saw the movie

LOVE THEM. LOVED THE MOVIE. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT MOVIES TO COME OUT. :heart:

didn't really cry while reading the books, but I was a blubbering mess during the sad Katniss/Rue scene in the movie :sad:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    yep, read them all and saw the movie