Guys are Better...

Twilightsunflower
Twilightsunflower Posts: 324 Member
ok maybe not better but they are a lot nicer..

i walk in my neighborhood- which is a little ghetto and not in a put down kinda way but in an actual ghetto way.

any way i walk with my daughter almost everyday and i have noticed that men are for the majority nicer then women. they say hello smile... basically they recongnize my exsistance in the world around them.

the women- on the other hand glare at me, make snide remarks cause they think i cant hear them, ignore me completly, dont smile at all and for the most part scare me a lot more then the men.

am i alone in this?? do other women just not like me?? or are men on the whole nicer??

Replies

• Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Um...WTH!

A lot of guys ice grill other guys...Especially in neighborhoods that are "little ghetto"
  • Twilightsunflower
    so its because im a woman that women dont like me?
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Females are ******s. Most any way. Ive know this since middle school days! Most times females just are jealous...

Men, most that are "nice" to me, just want to get it in. SOME are actual genuine people...
    Forget the *****y girls...
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    What kind of snide remarks are they making? I don't know, maybe it's your city or part of town. I can't imagine that treatment from strangers toward a neighbor walking and I don't live in the best neighborhood myself. Most Tulsans refer to my part of town as Little Mexico, but I always feel safe walking in my neighborhood during the day and have never heard any comments.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    :pulls out baby oil and pillows:

This is going to turn into a cat fight.
  • I would argue it's more that you probably have a new-found confidence and sense of pride with your weight loss and personal improvement. That shines very noticeably to other people; especially guys. Perhaps it's just that other women are being snide to cover up their own feelings of inadequate self worth.

At least, that's my Psych 101 interpretation :)
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    I dunno about your first question b/c I don't know you, but I wouldn't dislike you just because your a women.. I would tell you to join me. LOL I try to get the old ladies I pass to join me b/c they constantly say I should be doing what your doing.. Well come on then. I'll keep you company even if I have to walk further.

The women usually say hi, wave, smile, and ask how are you.. If I have my son with me he gets all the attention lol..

Men usually nod, smile, and wave.

Though lately 1 has noticed how often I walk and remarked on it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    so you're basing this generalization on what you've noticed from a 2 block radius?

anywho. people can be jerks regardless of their gender. some guys are disgustingly rude, some are nice. some girls are nasty biyatches and others are sweet
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Hi hun, how are you. Great day outside....see I'm nice.:flowerforyou:
  • Twilightsunflower
    no not on a 2 block radius... i have just become more aware of it as of late
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Girls have this desire to judge other women to make themselves feel better. I'm friendly with everyone, but then again, I'm secure with myself. Girls have been raised, especially in ghetto areas to "hate" on other girls and belittle them. Sadly, for most, it's ingrained in them. I grew up in a fairly lower middle class neighborhood and saw it all the time.

Just know that they're whispering about you because they're envious of one thing or another. It could even be something so petty as you having nice hair... they'll pick it apart.

And I agree.... guys are nicer because they don't feel threatened by you. This is why I am closer with guys than girls. No catty bull****.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    I've found in my small town that it's pretty equal. I smile at everyone I come across and sometimes I will get one back and sometimes I will not. I just move on.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    You see, it all comes down to protons and electrons Electrons avoid other electrons, while protons avoid other protons. But get an electron and proton together and you have a match. Just like when you combine carrots and celery into a vegetable juice. It's delicious and nutritious. If you get to observe it, I think you'll find your answer while observing running with the bulls in Spain. There, you will clearly observe that bulls and men are not meant to be in the same place at the same time, especially when the bull is showing signs of aggression. I hope this helps show that while it may SEEM that women are meaner to you than men, really the high fructose corn syrup they put in beverages and foods is the culprit.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    You see, it all comes down to protons and electrons Electrons avoid other electrons, while protons avoid other protons. But get an electron and proton together and you have a match. Just like when you combine carrots and celery into a vegetable juice. It's delicious and nutritious. If you get to observe it, I think you'll find your answer while observing running with the bulls in Spain. There, you will clearly observe that bulls and men are not meant to be in the same place at the same time, especially when the bull is showing signs of aggression. I hope this helps show that while it may SEEM that women are meaner to you than men, really the high fructose corn syrup they put in beverages and foods is the culprit.

You sir.... have a way with enlightening me in the stupidest, but totally relevant, ways.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    a friend of mine asked me, "why don't you have any other girl friends?"

I basically told her, "Other girls hate me"

Not sure why, I have always gotten along better with guys, I'm just not a 'girly-girl'. Never watched The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Grey's Anatomy, Sex and the City, etc. I like going to rock/metal concerts. Don't have any kids to obsess over, and never will.

Guess it's mainly because I just don't put up with backstabbing gossipy BS.

Guys Rule. Not ALL of them 'cuz I know some can be a-holes.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    ok maybe not better but they are a lot nicer..

i walk in my neighborhood- which is a little ghetto and not in a put down kinda way but in an actual ghetto way.

any way i walk with my daughter almost everyday and i have noticed that men are for the majority nicer then women. they say hello smile... basically they recongnize my exsistance in the world around them.

the women- on the other hand glare at me, make snide remarks cause they think i cant hear them, ignore me completly, dont smile at all and for the most part scare me a lot more then the men.

am i alone in this?? do other women just not like me?? or are men on the whole nicer??
    [/quote

they do this to me too, so I just smile HUGE at them and say Hey ladies how are you today, or isnt it a fine day? Or God bless you! and just oooooze sweetness....they usually look completely confused and actually stop for a second.....but every now and then one will bust out laughing and start talking to me.

Jess
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    All guys are *kitten*. It takes a **** to be a prick.

Just sayin'
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461

:laugh: :laugh: man you crack me up
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    I find that my brother seems to get along with guys better than I get along with girls. The way they interact is completely different and for some reason it seems easier for them to be friends. Girls are too petty sometimes...
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 659 Member
    :pulls out baby oil and pillows:

This is going to turn into a cat fight.

roflmao!!!!

but its just because you're female, if you were a male it would probably be vice versa.