Protein powder vs. Shakeology/Vi-shake

Options
amoffatt
amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
I am just curious if one can substitute protein powder instead of shakeolody and Vi-shake? I looked at using these but they are too expensive for my budget and wonder if protein powder offers the same thoery. I do understand that the shakeology has all the vitamins ect. protein powder does not but other than that, I am clueless.

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Just take a multi vitamin or add some fruits and veggies to your protein shake. Shakeology is convenient, but not essential at all.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Before I started using the Vi shakes I looked into it and I couldn't find anything that was similar on the market......9 months later I'm still taking the shakes but when I went looking for a protein powder I noticed that there are many that you could use instead of the more expensive options.....just take a multivitamin to make up for the protein powder not having the vitamins. The other thing is that you would want to watch the caloric value of the protein powder. I think I will be going that route sooner rather than later to be honest!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice.
  • spencemelindak
    Options
    Shakeology is an amazing product (of course now I'm
    very partial) but even before I sold it I couldn't believe the ingredients and what it offered. Its basically $4 a day or if you
    just do a 1/2 scoop with every other month delivery it's $2/day. I encourage you to research the ingredients
    Of shakeology with your protein powder and look up the ingredients up individually. You'll be astonished. I'm not trying to "sell" you
    as I'm not leaving any contact info here I'm just someone who was once in your shoes and wondered the same thing.
    It just depends on your needs and what you are looking to get out of the product. Shakeology may be more than what you
    need for your goals.